Thomas Cook Airlines to Sharm El Sheikh

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
JAF-195

Thomas Cook Airlines to Sharm El Sheikh

Post by JAF-195 »

In november 2004 i flew TC to Sharm El Sheikh. It was the worst airline experience in my life.
We had to takeoff at around 4.30 and when we came to the airport there were a 6hours delay.
At the gate it wasn't a TC A320 which was parked but a Travel Service B737-800. Plane was quite new so no prob.
We were told by one of TC's crew members onboard that plane, that there had been an overbooking of TC flights that day, so they needed to get another plane.
On the way back the plane was on time. They opened the gate door, but we didn't board. We waited 2hours an finally got onboard.
The pilot apologized for the delay, due to a cockpit computer failure (strange). It was a TC A320
The seats were horrible, I was sitting in row 25 and I'm 1.78m, I had to put my legs to the side so they didn't touch the sea in front.
A very told man behind me complained to the crew about the space. He had to hold his legs during the whole flight.
A few seconds after take-off the light went off and the left engine didn't power as much as the right one, I could feel that and hear it too.
No service onboard and very unfriendly crew.
I'll never fly TC again, next time I'll go for Jetairfly ( have lot of friends flying with them, and they have always been happy, even with the 767 00-TUC)
Fly Belgian!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The ups and downs of charter airlines! I did myself have a couple of very nice flights with Thomas Cook, even if one of their flights was operated by Condor...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Mirror

Post by Mirror »

I always had good tc flights, well about the overbooking this can happen with Jetair too and I think a 738 TVS also is nice.The seat are indeed not good.

BigJets

Post by BigJets »

Very childish remarks JAF.... I wonder where you got your name "JAF-195"??

It is clear you know nothing about aviation. To set the record straight, when you take a close look at the figures you will notice the Thomas Cook' A320 has 1cm more leg space and 19cm more cabin width (which is also a 3-3 configuration) than the latest JAF 737-800 version (-VAC, -VAS), not to mention the other 73's. As for the service, Jetairfly charges 8 Euro for a meal, at Thomas Cook Airlines the meal is FREE on every destination, no exception. If you did order a meal at Jetairfly, don't forget to ask the crew if they washed their hands because Jetairfly crew have to clean the aircraft themselves after each flight. Thanks for mentioning the service and comfort JAF. Now I leave it up to the readers of Luchtzak to decide which airline they will choose.

JAF, In case you didn't know, both airlines are "charter" airlines. I suggest you take a scheduled flight next time if you want more "service" and "legspace". Oh, yes, it will be 4 times more expensive and maybe you will have to make a stopover and perhaps change aircraft but that won't be a problem for you will it?

Get a life...

PFFF :roll:

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

BigJets wrote:Very childish remarks JAF.... I wonder where you got your name "JAF-195"??

It is clear you know nothing about aviation. To set the record straight, when you take a close look at the figures you will notice the Thomas Cook' A320 has 1cm more leg space and 19cm more cabin width (which is also a 3-3 configuration) than the latest JAF 737-800 version (-VAC, -VAS), not to mention the other 73's. As for the service, Jetairfly charges 8 Euro for a meal, at Thomas Cook Airlines the meal is FREE on every destination, no exception. If you did order a meal at Jetairfly, don't forget to ask the crew if they washed their hands because Jetairfly crew have to clean the aircraft themselves after each flight. Thanks for mentioning the service and comfort JAF. Now I leave it up to the readers of Luchtzak to decide which airline they will choose.

JAF, In case you didn't know, both airlines are "charter" airlines. I suggest you take a scheduled flight next time if you want more "service" and "legspace". Oh, yes, it will be 4 times more expensive and maybe you will have to make a stopover and perhaps change aircraft but that won't be a problem for you will it?

Get a life...

PFFF :roll:
I'm pretty sure JAF ccm's don't have to clean the aircraft themselfs... Because the cleaning is done by Flightcare.

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

Never heard people complaining so much about Thomas Cook...

JAF-195, a computer failure is not strange and quite "common"...if it was the correct reason of the delay that we will never know for 100% off course.

There are ups and downs with charter airlines, as there are ups and downs with scheduled flights...welcome to aviation!

It is true that you have to check when booking a flight via your Travel Agent if meals are served, normally your Travel Agent should have informed you about that! Meals on board means extra costs...as with Jetairfly too!

As far as I know Flightcare indeed cleans the aircrafts of Jetairfly...at least in Brussels. (credit to Wim C. for the info)

Childish remarks...everybody has her or his opinion(s) and it is their right to talk/tell about it... :wink:

About knowing nothing about aviation...everybody can make mistakes.
I can assure you that aviation has so much to explain...you even forget simple things then! (like me daily) I think that is quite normal...

A little bit of tolerance here is maybe not too much asked...

Kind regards,
Tommy
The word "impossible" is not in my dictionary! - Napoleon Bonaparte

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

In my personal experience I found Thomas cook better than Jetairfly, mainly because of the crews professionalism. so it's really a personal experience thing that makes you say either one of both is better than the other. Their product is actually very similar aswell as their service and you can't really say that one is better than the other.

JAF-195

Post by JAF-195 »

Hi BigJets,
You might have had a very bad day to answer in this inpolite way.
I'm only telling my airline experience with TC, that's all.
For the JAF-195 name, it's my name/member code on the Jetairfly virtual website, so I thought i might use it here...
I didn't think that I attacked you, but I apologize if I did so.

Kind regards,
Alex

ps. I'm not new to the aviation world...
Fly Belgian!

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

Appreciate that you share your comments more then 2 years after your
flight. :P
Weird for me :idea: :idea:

SN30952

26 months after?

Post by SN30952 »

Dude320 wrote:Appreciate that you share your comments more then 2 years after your
flight. :P
Weird for me :idea: :idea:
JAF-195 wrote:In november 2004 i flew TC to Sharm El Sheikh. It was the worst airline experience in my life.
I herewith confirm a kind of weirdness, Dude320. It would be nice if JAF-195 could list of his other airline experiences in life.

JAF-195

Post by JAF-195 »

I actualy did post my last one with Hellas Jet A320 to LGIR. (Summer 06)
Fly Belgian!

janhuub

Post by janhuub »

and the left engine didn't power as much as the right one, I could feel that and hear it too.
This is something you might want to explain. How did you know and feel this sitting in the cabine?

JAFflyer

Post by JAFflyer »

@ bigjets: please don't make this a tc vs jaf thread, there is no need to start any competition here. Both airlines try to deliver a product in their own way. It's up to the client to decide which one they want to fly with.
All I have to say about this.

The seating comment is indeed a common charter airline issue. But the worst one I've ever had was a A320 of Martinair.

greetz.

michiel007

Post by michiel007 »

many times flown with thomas cook.always a brilliant service!