Just fly for the sake of it

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
cathay belgium

Re: Just fly for the sake of it

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi all,

Okay I know already that I don't fly , I'm being flown.
( Like the real kings they sit in the back :mrgreen: )
So again, I like to being flown cheaply to some destinations in Europe and beyond,
not triangular flights without leaving airports but visiting cities and enjoy a nice spevial meal.
This year I did Geneva, Stansted (duxford), Marseille (Aix), Alghero (beach&caves), Berlin,Bergamo.
All in one day.. with EZY & FR & AZ promotions.
ANY new destinations/possibilities for 2011... , promotions,..
That's what I meant..and what I want to do next year..
So I hope on some replies of other carriers ,destinations than EZY/FR..

To quote myself,
cathay belgium wrote:Does anyone knows a site where you can find all the promo's/promocodes of airliners...togheter?

I noticed a few promo's in 'METRO' but since I go to work by bike since 3 years..,
finding promo's isn't that easy..
But noticed (to late ) nice promo's of MALEV.. (B737-600 )..
( besides SN-FR-EZY-JAF.. which sites could be visited regarly )

Until then when my house is paid,daughter at university and so on..
my 8/9000 euro for flying my Cessna out of the fab Keiheuvel International Airport has to wait I guess ;) :lol: !

The love for aviation,planes and being in the air is not only for pilots but some never understand
there's something like a real life & checkbook :roll:

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

regi

Post by regi »

for cheap regional tickets I look at
http://www.flylc.com/directall-nl.asp

But...
if it comes to the point to get promotions, my advice is: go in persona to a travel agent. ( I use only Joker and got really nice discounts )
But I do have to correct myself immediately because my cheapiest flight ever ( 1 € all included !!! for Bru-Berlin Tempelhof with SN ) I found on the SN website.
So , keep searching, asking around,...
A lot depends also on the travel dates.

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

If you want to fly "just for the sake of it" why don't you combine it with some nice scenery ?! I found some of the best flights in Europe:

If you happen to be in the Faroer Islands ( chosen as the top island destination among 111 selected islands by the National Geographic ), take a helicopter ride from Froðba, at the southern island Suðeroy, to Hattarvík on Fugloy in the north. A flight of 1 hour, with 6 quick stops on beautiful islands, before you reach your destination. Expensive? Nope. +/- 49 euro. (Compare that to the helicopter flight Hong-Kong - Macau: 250 euro, for 15 minutes!!) The flight is operated by Atlantic Airways on a 10 seater Bell 412.

Want more scenery then only for 1 hour? You can fly (in summer) unlimited for 2 weeks in Norway, with Wideroe.
About 500 euro for the whole of Norway, cheaper if you only use parts of it (zone's). Airport hopping in a Dash-8, must be very nice along the coast!

If you are in Malta, you can take a "Harbour Air" seaplane from Malta to Gozo. They have a promotion now: 80 euro roundtrip including 1 day car hire on Gozo.....

Probably there are other nice (and cheap!) "scenic" flights in Europe. Please let me know. Personally I am thinking about the 2 weeks Norway, for next years holiday! :)

regi

Post by regi »

andorra-airport wrote:If you want to fly "just for the sake of it" why don't you combine it with some nice scenery ?! I found some of the best flights in Europe:

If you happen to be in the Faroer Islands ( chosen as the top island destination among 111 selected islands by the National Geographic ), take a helicopter ride from Froðba, at the southern island Suðeroy, to Hattarvík on Fugloy in the north. A flight of 1 hour, with 6 quick stops on beautiful islands, before you reach your destination. Expensive? Nope. +/- 49 euro. (Compare that to the helicopter flight Hong-Kong - Macau: 250 euro, for 15 minutes!!) The flight is operated by Atlantic Airways on a 10 seater Bell 412.
Probably there are other nice (and cheap!) "scenic" flights in Europe. Please let me know. Personally I am thinking about the 2 weeks Norway, for next years holiday! :)
I was thinking indeed as the Faroer as a rather exotic destination. Question: how much does it cost to get there?
Some years ago I was thinking to tantalize our dear members with a travel report to Ascencion on a BAF TriStar. But the trip didn't go ahead. The ticket from BAF base Brize Norton would have costed already 1500£ . Now it is done on 9 hour flight with a B767 every Friday for 1050£ , making it less adventurous.