Lufthansa rip-off in FF miles programme?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
sn26567

Lufthansa rip-off in FF miles programme?

Post by sn26567 »

Between 5 and 10 September I flew the following routes on Star Alliance carriers:

BRU-MUC (on LH Regional operated by Augsburg Airways DHC8-Q400)
MUC-WRO (on LH Regional operated by Augsburg Airways DHC8-Q400)
WRO-WAW (on LO operated by EuroLOT ATR72)
WAW-BRU (on LO codeshared with and operated by SN BAe146-200)

I got my miles regularly credited for the first three flights, but nothing on the SN flight.

I thus consulted the LH website and first saw this good news:
Request mileage credit

It is so easy to request mileage credit for your missing miles.
I clicked on that link and got this:
Request mileage credit
Are you missing some miles that you have earned on your mileage account?

Mileage that you have earned is generally credited automatically to your account provided that you have stated your Miles & More number when utilizing the respective service.
No link anymore. Everything is supposed to have been done correctly, and there is no way to correct mistakes and claim missing miles.

Anybody listening at Lufthansa?
André
ex Sabena #26567

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Do SN have an agreement with LH as to points? SN aren't in Star Alliance for certian.

Emirates

dna

Post by dna »

Do SN have an agreement with LH as to points?
No they don't, but LO do and sn26567 flew on an LO ticket (the fact that SN operated the flight shouldn't make any difference).

Dave

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

dna wrote:No they don't, but LO do and sn26567 flew on an LO ticket (the fact that SN operated the flight shouldn't make any difference)
I don't know the detailed LH rules, but what you say is not necessarily correct. AF (Flying Blue) does not give miles for example if you book an AZ flight which is operated by SN. They only credit miles when the operating carrier is one of their partner airlines.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

earthman

Post by earthman »

I think the main point of the original post was, that the missing mails claim form was missing, more than the miles not getting credited. Perhaps you can call their customer support?

Another thing about the LH miles programme is, that they only send you your final card etc. after you collected like 1000 or 3000 miles. Only then can you find out your mileage. Until that time, you can keep guessing how much you have. If you only fly once in a while, and use the cheapest fares, you get very little miles for your effort, and thus you never know how much you have.

dna

Post by dna »

I don't know the detailed LH rules, but what you say is not necessarily correct.
You're right Frederic. It appears I was a bit hasty there. I 've had a look and found that in the case of Miles & More:
Mileage accrual and award redemption is only possible on scheduled flights operated by the partner.
Dave

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

OK. I now understand that I will never be credited M&M miles for the WAW-BRU leg of my trip. Nevertheless, it is unacceptable that the form for requesting missing miles has disappeared from the LH website.

Can I now ask SN to get Privilege miles for the WAW-BRU leg?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

sn26567 wrote:Can I now ask SN to get Privilege miles for the WAW-BRU leg?
You should have asked our travel agent to book the WAW-BRU segment under the SN code ;)

You can always try to claim the miles of this flight via privilege.flysn.com...

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:You should have asked our travel agent to book the WAW-BRU segment under the SN code ;)
That would have cost me a lot more than having all my flights booked with Star Alliance airlines :!:
André
ex Sabena #26567

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

How it used to be; very simple; LOT miles on LOT ticket, SN miles on SN ticket. Normally LOT (and therefore M&M) points are credited for every flight flown on a LOT ticket. don't understand why not.