Air France by Brit Air (Video)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
JetB

Air France by Brit Air (Video)

Post by JetB »

Flight report :

Air France operated by Brit Air.

01/09 Lille – Lyon – Barcelona.
04/09 Barcelona – Lyon – Lille.

Equipment : Fokker 100 / CRJ 100.

After flying Delta many times to the US and not being happy about the service I decided to spend my miles and take my business somewhere else !.

I looked around to book an award ticket with a Sky Team partner and decided to go for a flight from Lille to Barcelona with a stop in Lyon, flying Air France by Brit Air.

This was my first time flying from LIL and have to say it wasn’t bad !. The drive was only 75 min from Antwerp and the airport easy to fiend.
Parking was in front and I only had to walk 30 meters, the airport was very recent, clean, small and customer friendly.

www.lille.aeroport.fr

This was also my first flight ever with Air France, on top it was operated by Brit air. A company I didn’t even knew it existed, and wasn’t sounding very French to me !.

www.britair.com

Handling agent was Aviaparnter, so boarding was fast and professional.
The first leg from Lille to Lyon was on a Fokker 100. The seat pitch was great, and the leather seats recline more than I have ever seen in economy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nLoaDiClM0

Cabin crew was extremely professional, food and drinks offered twice. Nothing was to much to ask for, I was hoping my next flight would be the same.
This 65 min flight was over in no time, the only minus I could give is that a Fokker 100 is loud when you are seated in the back.
Breakfast was simple, but offered twice !. Loadfactor : 35%.

My Lille – Lyon flight left with a 15 min delay ( ATC problems ), so I only had 15 min to catch my next flight.
The Brit Air / Regeonal terminal at Lyon is so easy to use and fast, so there was no problem to make it on to my next flight.
The facilities at Lyon are recent, modern and nice. Inside the building Air France and KLM can grab a free newspapers, that was also the case in Lille.

CRJ 100 to BCN was also operated by Brit Air, less room and seats didn’t recline so much but still nice. This was only a 55 min flight and the one and only FA on this flight was very professional and nice.
Breakfast was offered twice !. Loadfactor : 97%.

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayim ... =609&pos=0

I few back on 04/09 the same way I came from.
There was no gate boarding at BCN, a bus took us to a remote stand in the flightcare Cargo area, It was a nice ride.

Aircraft was the same CRJ 100, we left on time and received the same professional service.
I do not know if this is the way Air France is, but I have to say Brit Air is extremely professional !. This was no coincidence anymore even on my last flight to Lille I received the same high level customer service.
Drinks also alcohol are free and crew are proud to have you sample the French wine, so how could I refuse !. Loadfactor : 90%.

Flight to Lille left on time, equipment : Fokker 100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFJuzvUk2QE

Different breads offered during the flight (cheese, ham, tuna) I enjoyed them all, it was almost rude not to take them !.
I enjoyed flying the Fokker 100, the cabin layout on a Brit Air AC is made to relax and enjoy. Loadfactor : 55 %.

Whenever I fly maybe I focus a little to much on the negative when writing a report but in this case NOT !.

There is not one bad thing I can say about Brit Air and I can only hope Air France is the same, is it ?.

This was a reward ticket so I didn’t have to pay, but Brit Air isn’t that cheap. When you book long in advance you still have to pay around 180 EUR, wait until a few weeks before and you can triple that.

SN could be a good competitor but they dump you on a codeshare Ibera flight to Barcelona !.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice report!

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Great report! Glad you enjoyed flying the Fokker 100.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

JetB

Post by JetB »

I did enjoy the Fokker 100 :D

Anyway, I booked a car on this site www.pepecar.com/en/promociones.html

You can rent a Smart for two, and the price ? 5 EUR a day !, read the restrictions before booking.
It made my trip cheap, so maybe something for you next time you go to Barcelona.