Web-checked FR pax board first at CRL

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
airazurxtror

Web-checked FR pax board first at CRL

Post by airazurxtror »

I took the morning Ryanair flight to Rome yesterday, and there was a change in the sequence of boarding.
It's usually :
1- families with small children
2- persons needing assistance
3- holders of boarding cards from 1 to 90
4- boarding cards from 91 to end
Yesterday, I remarked that the web-checked passengers were given the top priority and went to the aircraft before all the others.
Another way to promote the web check-in ? Which gets very interesting indeed - you need to be at the gate only 30 minutes before the flight, and you get first choice of seats !

Stij

Post by Stij »

Yeah, but you need to bring your passport, NOT your ID card! Not everybody has a passport. Apart from that: wonderfull system!

Cheers,

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Quite right, you need a passport - and to have only hand luggagge.
But the hand luggage can weight up to 10 kg and be of 55x35x16 cm dimensions - and these restrictions seem not to be too strictly enforced.
A passport is not cheap indeed : it costs 85 euros in Brussels (taxes, and thus price, may be different in another town).

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

I read on Ryanair's website that soon ID cards will be allowed :)

natacha737

Post by natacha737 »

I travelled last month with FR CRL-DUB-CRL only with my ID card, and they never asked me for my passport... :roll:

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

natacha737 wrote:I travelled last month with FR CRL-DUB-CRL only with my ID card, and they never asked me for my passport... :roll:
But you didn't check in online, did you?

Stij

Post by Stij »

Charlie Roy wrote:I read on Ryanair's website that soon ID cards will be allowed :)
The sooner the better. I don't understand why they didn't accept ID cards from the beginning.

I don't mind boarding the plane last, but the fact that I can arrive 30 minutes before the flight is a major +

Cheers guys,

Stij

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Stij wrote:I don't understand why they didn't accept ID cards from the beginning.
It is not Ryanair insisting on Passports but rather the security / airport / government authorities. I'm not sure exactly which authorities, but I know Ryanair are pushing them to allow ID cards be used with web check-in.

Philippe1983

Post by Philippe1983 »

Is it true that when you book a flight with Ryanair, you have to reconfirm your presence 24 à 72h before embarking... What's that ? How can I reconfirm my flight ?