What's Your Favourite Airline Meal?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Comet

What's Your Favourite Airline Meal?

Post by Comet »

What's the nicest meal you've had on a flight?

The nicest savoury snack I've had on SNBA is this one:

Which was a chicken salad sandwich served on flight SN2047 (BRU-BHX) on 3rd November 2004. This was on our old "friend" OO-DJG (of the used sick bag aroma).

The nicest sweet snack on SNBA:

The cherry tart served on SN2177 on 17th November 2005. Also on board OO-DJG.

Other nice meals have been:

On VLM a nice crusty roll with cheese, a pain au chocolat on one flight and a chicken sandwich accompanied by fresh fruit salad on the return.

On Air New Zealand nice breakfasts consisting of scrambled egg, sausage and strawberry yoghurt and a nice meal of a Thai-style meatball with water chestnuts and rice.

On Icelandair we had breakfast similar to on Air New Zealand.

On British Airways VC10 tells me she had smoked salmon and fillet steak, which was good.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

The best meals I had onboard airplanes where in Business class of the B747-300's of Sabena. ahhhhhh the good old time 8)

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Best meal I had was in First Class on AA (ORD-LHR). First course was lobster salad followed by smoked salmon with an olive pesto and crackers. Next came roasted assorted nuts with a cocktail. Next was garlic-roasted chicken with blue cheese potatoes and freshly steamed vegetables (served with freshly baked rolls). Did I mention I had 5 glasses of champagne throughout the dinner?? For dessert they offered Frangelico roasted pears and an after-dinner drink (I opted for Port). For the optional breakfast, I was served a chive-cream cheese omelet with filet mignon, freshly baked rolls, fresh fruit, squeezed OJ and black coffee. (You actually order all of this before takeoff and they bring it to you during the flight.)
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

Jense

Post by Jense »

A tasty omelette with onions and potatoes, back in 1999 when flying a BMI A321 operating for CIN to ACE.

regi

Post by regi »

mash & bangers with onion gravy with BA.

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Lasgna on United Airlines, no doubt!

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

when you had to pay your food on swiss, it was lovely. I was always taking the swiss meal. With the Dryed meet, the brezel and a beer.

Since it's free again, i have to take the same thing that everyone :(

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Vegetarian meals on AirIndia always gave me the highs :smile:
Aum Sweet Aum.

earthman

Post by earthman »

The Bertolli sandwiches they give you in economy on KLM flights were quite good, but last time they seemed to be of lower quality..

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

KLM Cityhopper has great filled pastry for such a short flight. (30 mins)
I have read on airlinemeals.net that on a 1 hr flight they give a Salmon Cream Cheese Sandwich with a few mixed greens on Herbed Bread.

flyaway

Post by flyaway »

The 4th of November, I was supposed to take an Al Italia flight from Moscow to Milan, the flight was canceled (without contacting passengers BTW), and finally, after almost 12 hours waiting in Moscow, I was told that I could take a flight Moscow-Brussels with Aeroflot... :(
But, I have to be honest, the meal that was served on board was excellent!!!
Salad with fish, great desert, a hot meal with rice and chicken, everything was just ok.
It was so good that I even think it was much better than the crewmeals I'm used to... :D

Zaki-boy

Post by Zaki-boy »

On enrout from BEG to ADB flight time was 00H50MIN flown by JAT Airways
This is the only meal I remember I am sure it was better on Swissair...
Greetings

FedEx

Post by FedEx »

regi wrote:mash & bangers with onion gravy with BA.
I agree, only i had this on a Ryan Air flight from Palma to Stansted (Flight was operating for Cosmos Holidays)

FedEx

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I'm not gonna talk about my best meal I had but rather about a snack like a mars or twix bar. In 2003 I had to go from Brussels to Prague. The flight was in two legs: Brussels- Vienna followed by Vienna-Prague. That last flight was operated by a Dash8-300 and a small snack was provided. I had never seen it (must have been something austrian I believe). Anyway: the snack was called "Amicelli" and me and my girlfriend loved it. On our way back to brussels, we baught a few boxes of those snacks...never seen them here in Belgium though

bAIR