Your first flight

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
nwa757

Your first flight

Post by nwa757 »

I am wondering about everybody's first flights.

Where did you fly to?

What airline did you fly on?

What type of aircraft did you fly on?

Were you scared?

What year or date was it?

My first flight was from Milwaukee, WI to Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN on Northwest. The aircraft was a DC-10-40 (Hard to believe that a DC-10 used to fly from MSP to MKE). The date of my first flight was December 16, 1996. I was 7 years old at the time.

I have a first flight certificate that I got from Northwest that says:
"This is to certify that Trevor K***** did leave the surface of the earth on this day in a heavier than air machine. The above mentioned departed from Milwaukee, WI in a DC-10 upon this memorable occasion."

I wolud also like to note that I continued on to Orlando, FL in another DC-10. On the return trip, I flew to Detroit in another DC-10 and went on to fly in yet another DC-10 to Milwaukee. Four DC-10s in one trip. Not too bad. :D
Last edited by nwa757 on 11 Dec 2005, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
Onward and Upward...

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

My first flight...

I wasn't born then. I can't remember :P

But it probably was this:

Aircraft: fokker 50, b747, atr42

Airline: KLM cityhopper, KLM, Continental express

Route: bru-ams-iah-crp

year: 1992

Was I scared?: I wasn't even aware that I was flying.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

My first flgith was in 1995, on an Air Europa B757-200 BRU-TFS, the only thing I can remember was that I was very excited and that the food was bad

westwings

Post by westwings »

My first flight was Brussels - Thessaloniki on a EBA B737-400, I believe in 1995. It was quite a long flight, more then 5 hours (including a 40 minutes stop at Athens) and we had to fly over Hungaria, Romania & Bulgaria because of the war in Yugoslavia at the moment.
Regards,
Kristof Vandermoere

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

My first flight? Not a small one: 1961 Luxembourg - Reykjavik Keflavik - New York Idlewild (as JFK was than named), on a DC-6B from Loftleidir Icelandic Airlines. I have reported it in this very forum a few years ago.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

My first-ever flights are reported here: https://www.aviation24.be/postt1841.html

It was between London Gatwick and Tenerife North.

It was operated by British Airtours, the charter division of British Airways formed from British European Airtours which had operated the Comet until 1973.

The aircraft was a Boeing 707.

I don't remember being scared, I was only four at the time.

It was late 1974 but I don't remember the month - October or November.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

TC-MNE

Post by TC-MNE »

BRU - ACE with a Sobelair B 737-200 in 1993

my first, and my best flight ever, when I was 4 years old... The airhostess took me to the cockpit, where I was allowed to sit on the pilot's seat...
the good old sobelair-times...

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Mine was only a short hop - Manchester to Ronaldsway (Isle of Man) in a BEA Viscount in September 1961. The flight departed from an old hangar complex about where BA's Terminal 3 now is and we sat in big armchairs in the departure lounge. The windows on a Viscount were enormous (by today's standards) allowing brilliant views but the flight was only about 30 minutes. 2nd flight 4 days later when we returned to Manchester.

Excited - very, as I was 9 at the time.

It was quite some time before I flew again, the next being a Monarch Airlines Britannia to Rimini which gave fantastic views of the Alps.

What price nostalgia? The memories flood back especially in these days of 737's and 320's which all feel so similar. (last weekend 4 x Ryanair 738's!!!)

loutri666

Post by loutri666 »

My first flight took place in 1999 only. It was a flight between BRU and RAK with RAM. B737-??? Reg : ??? The flight was sheduled for 22 but was delayed (2 hours).

My father fell asleep before we took off :? I was sitting in the last row at the aisle. But a very friendly french couple allowed me to sit at the window. I was fascinated, not scared at all.

The only time I was scared, it was during the flight CRL-CCF with Ryanair. My girlfriend was so scared that we wanted to take the TGV back to Belgium. (Carcassonne - Montpellier (TGV) - Paris - Brussels :evil: ). Never had a problem like this one after, even with Ryanair. :)

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

My first flight was a flight above Belgium, with a Sabena Avro RJ85. Can't remember registration and year, but I knew I was very excited (always when I fly :D ).
Tot hier en verder

Jense

Post by Jense »

BRU-ACE, back in April 1990. Probably a B733 of SLR.

FedEx

Post by FedEx »

My first Flight was in about 1983/4 when i about 13 it was from Gatwick to Majorca on a Laker Skytrain Airbus A300 (I think). :D

FedEx

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I don't remember much of it. It was a flight from Chicago-LAX and I was in diapers (probably 2ish??) which would make it 1985/6. From what my parents say, as soon as my seat-belt was off I wandered my way up to the cockpit. They said they should have known at that point that I wanted to be a pilot. :wink:
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

My first flight was in 1993 when I was 10! Flew from Brussels to London heathrow with by my grand-mother and mum. It was with british Airways with probably a 737-400. (???) Apart from the excitement do remember not having a "kiddie" passport which caused a few problems.

But at that time they let me go which they would never have done today I believe... :)

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

My first flight was in 1995 (was about 10-11) with a B734 of EBA from Brussels to Barcelona.

I spent about 1 hour in the cockpit while enroute :D .

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Where did you fly to? Brussels to Antalya

What airline did you fly on? Air Alfa

What type of aircraft did you fly on? Airbus A321 reg TC-ALO

What year or date was it? July 17th 2000

Regards, Robin Bamps.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

hi everybody.
My first flight was on August 1977 with Air France 747 from Orly ro St Denis Ile de la Reunion.
With a stop in Djibouti or Jeddah I don't remember.
But it was the first time in my live that it was so hot at night!
Regards
pat
Hasta la victoria siempre.

realplaneshaveprops

Post by realplaneshaveprops »

My first flight was with THIS beauty. I think it was in 1992.

It was a local flight above belgium, we had a great view on the Lion of Waterloo. We departed and landed in Beauvechain/Bevekom EBBE.

The flight was for family members of EBBE's military's

Koen

ag894

Post by ag894 »

My first flight was Barcelona-Moscow with Aeroflot.

That was in the early '90s, don't remember well but 91 or 92.

I have no idea about the airplane, it was a rather large one with 2 aisles and I remember it had a lift the crew was using.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

than it must have been the IL86