BRU-CHQ-BRU with TUB

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Air_Lac

BRU-CHQ-BRU with TUB

Post by Air_Lac »

Having had a great holidays in Crete a year ago, whe have decided to return again this year...but to vary a little, we decided to travel with Jetair (last year with Thomas Cook) and to Chania rather than Heraklion.

We have offered ourselves the 'VIP' service and did not regret it.

BRU-CHQ
05OCT05
TUB3323
B-737-4K5
OO-TUA
loadfactor 100%
take-off rwy 25R, landing rwy 11

The check-in at the dedicated desks went extremely well and quick.
The plane was delayed by 1 hour due to maintenance work. It had returned late from Teneriffe during the night and need some maintenance. While delay is cumbersome, I do not mind too much if it is for preventive maintenance...:-)
At least we were able to enjoy the lounge which opens only at 06h00 (we were scheduled to leave at 05h50).
The flight itself lasted 3h16 minutes and was rather uneventful. Cloudy all way through except for some part of Italy over Bari.
A warm breakfast (scrambled eggs, with cheese) was offered, croissants, petit pain au chocolat etc. quite good.
Newspapers offered: Le Soir and Het Laatste Nieuws
There were screens which showed our flight but no other films etc. TCB was much better in this respect.
Chania airport (mainly a military Greek Air Force and NATO base) is small, almost no traffic and therefore no hassle and long waiting.

Our 10 stay in Rethymno was fine...a bit rainy (yes, we were looking for the sun and got the October average 5 days of rain/bad weather ) :-(. Still we had some sunshine after all.

CHQ-BRU
14OCT05
TUB5324
B-737-4K5
OO-TUI
take-off: rwy 11, landing rwy 25L

After a smooth and efficient check-in, we went to the boarding gate...again not much traffic (there are only 6 aircraft stands), but still intersting visitors were 757-200 Ryan, 737-700 Luxair, MD80 snowflake, 737-800 transavia, a 737-300 VIP/USAF (I think) which disappeared to some remote military terminal. Several F16s took off and landed. Strictly forbidden to take pictures !
I had hoped to have a 737-800, but was happy that at least it was not the same aircraft as on the way down there.
Weather on the flight was excellent, no clouds, a bit misty but excellent views of the Pelopones, Adriatic (Croatian coast), Venice, Austrian Alps etc.
No film (just some adds for Jetair) and maps showing our flight.
A good lunch was offered (Carbonnade flamande), salad, some mousse as dessert.
Newspapers again Le Soir and Het Laatste Nieuws.
The flight lasted 3h26 minutes.

On both flights very nice crew, good and friendly service.

Compared with out last year holidays, we preferred last years holidays for various personal reasons, but found the VIP service from Jetair to be considerably superior and better than the one of Pegase from Thomas Cook.

Air_Lac

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for interesting and complete report. Warm meals are a nice feature for those flights over 2 hours.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Nice report, having flown to CHQ myself a few years ago I have to agree that it's a rather poor airport