Bush at BRU on 22/2/05

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Rago

Post by Rago »

Avro wrote:NO I don't think that the police will be chasing the spotters. Last time that Air Force One came in BRU, the police simply checked all spotters and allowed them to take pictures.
It depends all on the location where the spotters will be at the moment of the checks.

Last time AF One came there wasn't the same risk of a terrorist attack against the person of the president, so maybe the safety perimeter will be enlarged...

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello everyone!!!

I have indeed the same question wich date he will leave or even better...
what time will he arrive at BRU??? I hope we can spot an C-5 taking of or
landing that day (prefere a take-off , because than they come closer to
the wall (the outer-corn Taxiway (P1???)).

I really hope , i hope there will come the same planes for the journalists
as @ORY B744 from United airlines!!!! yeahhhh!!!!

Waiting patiently for more info.

Happy Newyear; Yannick :wink:

ThreeForty

Post by ThreeForty »

Bruspotter wrote:I really hope , i hope there will come the same planes for the journalists
as @ORY B744 from United airlines!!!! yeahhhh!!!!
UA 744 it was in 2002. In 2004 we had a 763 :)

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hello everybody,

The Belgian television and radio station announced on Thursday that Mr. Bush will come to Belgium for a three-days-visit and arrive on Sunday. Before he attends the NATO meeting, he will also visit the King and Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt.

Mrs. Laura Bush and Mrs. Condoleezza Rice are reportedly joining him.

Note that all the equipment will probably arrive on Saturday than...

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello Airforce one freaks!!! :wink: (including me)

I have A LOT of QUESTIONS.

Do you guys know more??? I shouldn't know...i hope so.

Indeed President G.W Bush will arrive on a Sunday , wich is good....
BUT!!!!!!! When ...???...the newspaper 'De Morgen' said it would be Sunday EVENING... i hope not to late (not after 5 hours):(.

Second...they also said ('De Morgen') that the US will care for all the security , starting from the airport until the NATO building...it would be totally hermetically locked off(Hermetisch afgesloten) if we may believe what 'De Morgen' says.

If that's all no problem...i hope to go spotting Saturday too....is it possible
to see an C-5 arriving...and yes...will it be in the early morning(too early to spot him) or in the evening (too late to see him)???? I hope none of these...and even more important to me...will i be able to see a C-5 taking off Saturday or Sunday???? I really hope so...massive beast taking off...yeah...(hope on taxiway wisky).

Hoping you can answer my worried questions all toghether...
and thanks in advance.

Best regards...and hopefully see you; Yannick :wink:

PS(i'm very sorry but my computer has some major bug's...so it is unable to open the 'spellchecker' but i have more that double checked my tekst above...and i hope there are not too many errors in it anymore...but i really needed to post this message. Forgive me this single time i do this. )

Thanks ;)

Rago

Post by Rago »

The moment of arrival is still unknown because of security reasons. Even at the embassy they are informed at the very last moment.
There's even no confirmation about how long he'll stay in Belgium.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Rago wrote:There's even no confirmation about how long he'll stay in Belgium.
According to 'de zondag' Bush will stay 3 days in Brussels, one day before he arrives his material will arrive. He will use his own car and his own security staff. You can expect lots of traffic-jams around Brussels as there is a no-entry policy everywhere Bush and his staff goes.

Rago

Post by Rago »

According to "Belgian officials" he'll stay 2 days, but as I said, the US security services are playing around (=spreading rumours) so nobody knows what will be the final schedule. The government will be informed at the very last moment. Even now the Belgian Police forces are only mobilised for 21 Feb!!!

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

So the fact is....that actually we don't know a thing...so for the same money we could be waiting the whole day wile he maybe only arrives about 20:00hrs to overreact a bit...but it's possible?

Too bad...i'm really questioning whetter we are able to spot at any kind of spot around 25R and whetter like has been said in newspaper 'De morgen' (if i understanded correctly)the US militaries/and security will take it over from the Belgian security forces...

In every case i probably will be spotting Saturday and Sunday...at least i'm hoping to see a C-5.

OH!!! right...is there any secret about when the journalists planes will land??? And whetter anybody has an idea what plane it will be??? I hope like in CDG , the UA 744 :D:D:D

Best regards: Yannick ;)

Rago

Post by Rago »

Bruspotter wrote:Hello

So the fact is....that actually we don't know a thing...so for the same money we could be waiting the whole day wile he maybe only arrives about 20:00hrs to overreact a bit...but it's possible?
Correct :(
Bruspotter wrote:Hello

Too bad...i'm really questioning whetter we are able to spot at any kind of spot around 25R and whetter like has been said in newspaper 'De morgen' (if i understanded correctly)the US militaries/and security will take it over from the Belgian security forces...
Correct :cry:
Bruspotter wrote:
In every case i probably will be spotting Saturday and Sunday...at least i'm hoping to see a C-5.

OH!!! right...is there any secret about when the journalists planes will land??? And whetter anybody has an idea what plane it will be??? I hope like in CDG , the UA 744 :D:D:D
Again no info available :shakehead:

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

details will probably appear on www.usembassy.be

(today, 25th Jan, there are no details about the trip yet)

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello LX-LGX

Thanks very much!!!
I'll keep watching that news!

Best regards; Yannick ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

French President Chirac will come to Brussels as well, for a dinner with George W. Bush. I guess his plane will be smaller than Air Force One :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Rago

Post by Rago »

LX-LGX wrote:details will probably appear on www.usembassy.be

(today, 25th Jan, there are no details about the trip yet)
Last update : Embassy doesn't know more than the spotter intelligence services! :wink: :wink:

Last upDATE : 21,22,23 and 24 feb

Last rumour : George wants to use EBBR as European "hub" for his future visits to Europe ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

to be continued

:cheers:

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Hello;

I heard and read that Bush will arr. the 20th and will dep. the 22th???

best rgds:Jeroen

Avro

Post by Avro »

We have currently two topics running over the same topic.
I suggest we close this one and continue the discussion in the following one https://www.aviation24.be/posts7115-start0.html since it has been more active in February.

Chris