BRU 01/01/2009

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Bruspotter

BRU 01/01/2009

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello, first of all HAPPY NEWYEAR 2009 to all!!!

Like expected it's going to be a VERY calm day at BRU today, no B-Air flights except those with code-sharing with other airlines.
I wonder if anyone is out to photograph a big part of the fleet grounded @ BRU. :D

Furthermore one think caught my attention:

Departure 22:05 XLF 046 Phucket (XL Airways France , Airbus A330.)

I don't know about this one but this looks a 'special' for me if you ask. I've never noticed any 330 operating for what airline it might be, scheduled under XLF code so I guess this one IS actually a XLF 330. Too bad it's completely dark. :(

Newyears greetings, Yannick

sdbelgium

Re: BRU 01/01/2009

Post by sdbelgium »

They are scheduled A330 flights for Thomas Cook charters, so nothing 'really special' ;). This has been going on a couple of months now. Those are actually Iberworld A330s operating for XL France.

Depretair

Post by Depretair »

Hello,
sdbelgium wrote:They are scheduled A330 flights for Thomas Cook charters, so nothing 'really special' ;). This has been going on a couple of months now. Those are actually Iberworld A330s operating for XL France.

I think there is only one iberworld A330 flying for XL Airways (EC-JHP that was in BRU this morning)
The plane going to HKT tonight will be F-GRSQ, fully XL Airways livery.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Oli ;-)

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

Bruspotter wrote: Like expected it's going to be a VERY calm day at BRU today, no B-Air flights except those with code-sharing with other airlines.
I wonder if anyone is out to photograph a big part of the fleet grounded @ BRU. :D
I sure hope for a picture too...

By the way, OO-SFN will be the only plane active today to bring mechanics and parts to Dakar where OO-SFW is AOG.

Happy new year to all of you!

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

No picture of the brussels airlines fleet grounded in Brussels airport?

Shuttie

Post by Shuttie »

I am not sure 1 photo (or indeed a few photo's) will give you the picture(s) we all wanted..... all their aircraft in nice rows in one place....
I came in at 6pm from London, and I saw a typical day... a few jets parked near the burned down hanger.. a few parked around the old terminal (mixed with some Jetair planes), a reasonable number parked in the open space between the old terminal and pier B, a few were still parked at gates at both B and A piers, and a few were parked over near DHL.

I must admit, I would have thought the marketing department in Brussels Airlines, would have siezed the opportunity to line up the majority of their aircraft for some publicity photo's....

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Bruspotter wrote:Hello, first of all HAPPY NEWYEAR 2009 to all!!!

Like expected it's going to be a VERY calm day at BRU today, no B-Air flights except those with code-sharing with other airlines.

Furthermore one think caught my attention:

Departure 22:05 XLF 046 Phucket (XL Airways France , Airbus A330.)

I don't know about this one but this looks a 'special' for me if you ask. I've never noticed any 330 operating for what airline it might be, scheduled under XLF code so I guess this one IS actually a XLF 330. Too bad it's completely dark. :(

Newyears greetings, Yannick
XL Airways, France, took over de holiday flights of Martinair and this for Thomas Cook. They are flying to Phuket and the Caribbean.

brussels airlines

Post by brussels airlines »

There is a short movie on www.deredactie.be (Flemish news-site).

There is no direct link, because it isn't a real newsitem.

To watch: at the top of the page there is a bar where you can see movies. First you have to select 'het journaal 7'. Then scroll threw the movies until you see the item 'Brussels Airlines schrapt vluchten'.

BUT be fast !! because the news of 13u has begun, and soon 'het journaal 7' will disappear and will be replaced by 'het journaal 1'.

I hope you understand this.

Shuttie

Post by Shuttie »

You can also see it (and hear it) on the English version of the site.

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie.english

Just scroll through the video clip bar at the top until you see the picture of a Brussels Avro....

It was still there at 1.30pm....

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Thank you very much!