BRU 22/09/2008

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Zorba

BRU 22/09/2008

Post by Zorba »

One great reg today:

FAV0001 A319CJ; came in from Havana and left for Beijing.
Tot hier en verder

rut-her

Re: BRU 22/09/2008

Post by rut-her »

Just a small question to you as an ATC:
How long in advance does a flightplan need to be submitted? Havana is a long way to fly you know...

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Flights subject to ATFM should file 3h before EOBT.
IFR flights should file 1h before EOBT.
Tot hier en verder

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

I don't know which one applies here, but it means the following:
According to a photographer, the flight landed around 1600h. With a flightime of more than 8 hours from Cuba, the flight must have left Havana around 0800h belgian time. If the flightplan is submitted one hour before departure, it was already known at 0700h that the flight was coming.
I don't know how you spend your time during the day (maybe very busy), but thanks for mentioning this after 10PM...

Here are some pictures btw: http://www.airshows.be/index.php?name=F ... pic&t=5416

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

The only reason I posted the reg is because I was at the sector when the flight arrived at Brussels. And yes, I have better things to do than checking all FPL's in our system ...
Tot hier en verder

concordino

Post by concordino »

A bit confusing to one as simple as me - 2 Rutgers battling it out in a forum!

I am not a controller but I understand that not all military flights have flight plans which show in the civil systems, although I am sure that it is known what they are up to. In any event it is an unwritten rule that noone gives out info on mil flights before the event due to the high security implications that the information may create.

Just remember that spotting and photography are hobbies not real life. If you want to get on your high horse about issues then I suggest world poverty might be a place to start your ranting.

C

ps nice piccies

B737229

Post by B737229 »

rut-her wrote: I don't know how you spend your time during the day (maybe very busy), but thanks for mentioning this after 10PM...
Ever wondered how spotting was in the pre- internet era ? Spotting now has become luxury , with tons of info available via the net, but also means some people get greedy !

So stop complaining , or go fishing .. or some other exotic hobby ..

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

I won't go into a deeper discussion about this, there are enough topics about this matter.
Concerning the pre-internet spotting: Why not using the technological advantages that we have today? I hereby suggest that we go back to the stone age, prepare dinner with a campfire, wear animal skins and send our mail with a carrier pigeon...

Shuttie

Post by Shuttie »

Rut-her

You will notice that less and less people are reporting registrations on this web site.

The reason ?

Un-grateful people.

I am personally very grateful for any information these kind people can provide.
They are taking their own time to asisst other spotters in their hobby.

I work near the airport, so I see a lot of the planes, but I am never close enough to see the regisatations.
I am over joyed when someone reports, on this web site, the regisatration of a nice plane I saw.
But I do not expect it, and I never ask, unless I have registrations that I can give in return.
I do hold my hands up and admit that I do not thank them enough.

Yes, technology does improve our ability to communicate, but people have jobs to do, and other lives outside of plane spotting.

Lets thank the people when they report numbers for us, even if it is after the event, rather than beat them up for not doing it sooner.

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

rut-her wrote:I don't know which one applies here, but it means the following:
According to a photographer, the flight landed around 1600h. With a flightime of more than 8 hours from Cuba, the flight must have left Havana around 0800h belgian time. If the flightplan is submitted one hour before departure, it was already known at 0700h that the flight was coming.
I don't know how you spend your time during the day (maybe very busy), but thanks for mentioning this after 10PM...

Here are some pictures btw: http://www.airshows.be/index.php?name=F ... pic&t=5416
I usually stop myself when I read such things, but that is totally amazing.
Rutger (the ATC, who actually has a life) kindly posted this interesting visit in BRU.
I believe he has no obligation in doing so. Your reaction is totally immature.

Try to follow Rutger's steps, and get a life as well. You will probably understand by then.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Although I fully agree with all of you, I suggest to close this "discussion" and just live with the fact that you can't make everybody happy.

At least I hope I make some people happy by posting registrations, even if it's too late. As shuttie said, I do it for those who've missed the reg.

Cheers
Tot hier en verder

SN_Bigbirdy

Post by SN_Bigbirdy »

Gentlemen,

this is getting a littlebit out of hand. We all have to admit that FAV0001 was indeed a very interesting visitor at BRU and that we all hope to get a photographic proove of those "speciallekes". I'm one of the countless ppl who doesn't have a picture of it but you can't win always...

This explains the logical reaction of Rut-her why he wanted to know further details. Don't shoot him for that ! It's just hard to understand that on other aviation related sites there is a lot of information to be found provided by insiders and in our situation you would almost be killed by someone because you ask... But hey, this is a personal interpretation and I'm not perfect :|
JAF737 wrote:.... Your reaction is totally immature.

..., and get a life as well. You will probably understand by then.
Mr. JAF737 ,
NEVER attack a member on his person, Rut-her did efforts (like all photo contributors on this site) to share his pictures from BCN, CPH, AMS, FRA, BRU etc.. with us, so give the man a bit credit... You wouldn't like it as well when they shoot at you, do you?

Hoping we all can go on now with our business,

Sincerely yours,

SimoN
If you can count the blades of my engines while they work, you are too close to be save
My pictures @ Jetphotos.net: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=10039