Good locations at ANR

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

fokker_f27

Good locations at ANR

Post by fokker_f27 »

I'm thinking of going spotting at ANR Sunday. However, I have never been there before and I was wondering if anyone could recommend good spots for taking pictures? If possible, I'd like to take some shots of taxiing aircraft.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Depending on the wind-direction.

Either on the little hill in the parc near the S&V museum or on the other end of the runway along the Krijgsbaan (watch out for the traffic !!!).

CU,
Caveman
Thinking 'bout it

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Are you coming by car? If so, best park it near the 11 threshold, across DTM trucking company, not far from the spotters hill already mentioned.
Also very nice is the bar/restaurant: you don't see runway operations very well, but the view on the apron is excellent. Other good views on the apron from the first floor, i.e. the ASA lounge but officially this is only open on Saturdays - and only to members.
I don't recommend spotting from the 29 threshold (Krijgsbaan), because of intense car traffic. One can make some nice photos there, though, from traffic on final for the 29. The best spot there is (coming from Mortsel) on the right side, just past the runway.