National parade at Brussels 21/07/2007

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Bruspotter

National parade at Brussels 21/07/2007

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Tomorrow is again the national parade at the Brussels towncenter. I used to go every year, but the last couple of years you get bored...always the same. Especially as the number of aircraft participating is decreasing.

Now I DO have a very weird question about that.
I've heard from some friends of me and from my father that an E-3C AWACS from Geilenkirchen EAW, passed over provence of Antwerp at VERY low altitude today. I might as well heard him, around 15:40 today I heard a very loud aircraftnoise, wich might possibly have been the AWACS, when working in the ASL hangar (EBAW) I took a short look trough the hangar door, but I couldn't see any plane (too low clouds). So I haven't really seen.

Now my real question is : Does anyone has also seen it, and if yes, does someone also knows what it was doing here so low? Has it got ANYTHING to do with 21st of July tomorrow and could it be that it's in the flying parade or is that impossible?

Best regards: Yannick ;)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The AWACS took off at Brussels Airport at around 15.30h, I think. I have seen it, but I was working.

There will be one AWACS at the air parade tomorrow. Maybe he did some exercise??

ElcoB

Post by ElcoB »

Yes, the AWACS is flying in the parade.

Find all participants :arrow: HERE

Cash

Post by Cash »

So, the AWACS is at EBBR? Or it is going to be there tomorrow?

oosfp

Post by oosfp »

The awacs is parked @Melsbroek AFB, visible from Ch. de Haecht

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Thanks a lot for the info guys! I knew it was therefore...

another question : does anyone knows WHEN the flying parade will pass brussels towncenter?

Thanks and best regards: Yannick ;)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Bruspotter wrote:Hello

another question : does anyone knows WHEN the flying parade will pass brussels towncenter?

The air parade will pass Brussels towncenter around 16.16h

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Let's hope the weather will be better than today...

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi

Atlantis : great, I'll leave around noon so I have the time to search my way, because I'm not SO familiar with Brussels Towncenter, and I arrive by train.
So now I only have to search where I got to get out of the train :D

airazurxtror: It's now 10AM, and as it looks for the moment the weather wont be a problem, bright skies without a single cloud, not even a small one. At least that's the situation around Antwerp.

by the way : I have here a map where the route for the défile, is shown...but it shows several streets where the défile will 'drive' trough. Now that doesn't goes up for the air-défile. So is it so that, if you look at the map, the airplanes will fly from 'Shuman' in the direction of the 'Palace' over the 'Wetstraat' ? Or will they fly otherwise. As I remember the flew totally otherwise? About 90° otherwise (over the palace to downunder the chart...correct ?)

map: http://www.mil.be/21jul/subject/index.a ... nl&ID=1053

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The weather looks good here too, at the moment.
Last year, the planes were flying roughly from west to east, flying over and along the Belliard straat after flying in front (but not just over) the Royal stand.
I was on the corner Belliard straat / Kunst laan, and I enjoyed a good view of the overflying aircraft.
If you come from Antwerp by train, I would advise you to alight at Centraal Station, it's not far away (uphill).
Have a nice day in Brussels. Hope you'll show us your pictures !

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi

Thanks airazurxtror, I'm leaving at 12:14 to BRU central, and hopefully I'll find my way quick so I still have a good place...maybe I get more to know there at Brussels where exactly they will fly over. I'd like to go and stand right under the passing planes.

I'll try to post my pics if they're a bit decent :D because I only have simple equipment...anyway, it will be nice to see an E-3A and a KDC-10 flying in the parade, a little variation in the regular line of planes :D

omag

Post by omag »

Does anyone know the flightpath towards Brussels?

Normally they pass over Ruiselede, where I live, but as I wasn't home the last days I can't confirm.

Anyone seen the anual excercises? I'd love to see the Ewacs and KC-10 pass over my house, but I guess the chances are slim...

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

omag wrote:Does anyone know the flightpath towards Brussels?

Normally they pass over Ruiselede, where I live, but as I wasn't home the last days I can't confirm.

Anyone seen the anual excercises? I'd love to see the Ewacs and KC-10 pass over my house, but I guess the chances are slim...

I've seen them several times from home, so I expect you'll see them ;)

matsATC

Post by matsATC »

The flightpath has been published in a NOTAM, with an nice map:

http://www.belgocontrol.be/BELGOWEB2/RE ... LCHART.PDF

Established02

Post by Established02 »

All the fighter jets passed Mechelen-Willebroek at about 15:55.

The transportation aircraft are obviously following another route.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Saw them coming from Brussels while standing on top of a hill here in Linden. But missed it on tv :(

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Nice view of the AWACS , a DC10 tanker with three fighters, one seemingly connected to the tanker (?), two C130 and the BAF Airbus. Plus a lot of others ...
A good spot to see them : on the Kunstlaan/avenue des Arts, corner with the rue Montoyerstraat.

Cash

Post by Cash »

All aircraft, including the AWACS performed an overhead break on 25R before landing at Melsbroek.
It was very nice to see :)
http://www.virtualtigers.com/album/albu ... 0721_1.jpg
http://www.virtualtigers.com/album/albu ... 0721_2.jpg

SN_Bigbirdy

Post by SN_Bigbirdy »

blackhawk wrote:Saw them coming from Brussels while standing on top of a hill here in Linden. But missed it on tv :(
Aaaargh, for once I'm not at home but at Nottingham with some friends I miss the AWACS in my backyard :evil: :evil:
If you can count the blades of my engines while they work, you are too close to be save
My pictures @ Jetphotos.net: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=10039

AF036

Post by AF036 »

Nice air parade indeed! I was just back from some simulator training and I had the chance to see it from my home some minutes after I entered!

There was a total of 60 aircrafts including the TV Agusta!
the F16 wasn't connected with the KC-10 tanker but the formation simulated it.
What a marvelous idea to add some NATO aircrafts to ours!

Where was our famous "national drache"? :wink: just kidding