Spotting tips EBKT (Kortrijk-Wevelgem)

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

EBBRspotter

Spotting tips EBKT (Kortrijk-Wevelgem)

Post by EBBRspotter »

Hi,

I was thinking to stop at EBKT om my way home from the Koksijde airshow.
Can anyone give me some tips to go to the best places to see the planes?

Thx in advance

Mark

omag

Post by omag »

check this site...

http://www.westwings.be/

Spotting tips for all fields in West-Vlaanderen!

Cheers,

Omag

EBBRspotter

Post by EBBRspotter »

Great

thx a lot omag

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Is EBKT Kortrijk?

Emirates

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Yes it is

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

teddybAIR wrote:Yes it is
Thanks for the info.
On another note, maybe one for the mods here, would it be possible when using slightly unknown 4 lettter airport code, just to put the airport name after it. I appreciate that many members have a greater knowledge of these codes than me, but some I still don't know. Possibly there are others who have the same issues.

Regards,

Emirates

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I agree on that one, I don't think everybody on this forum is familiar with al the ICAO codes. Thus, it would be userfriendly if this would indeed be possible. Yet, a far easier way of implementing this is a simple request to all members to mention the official name of the airport as well...anybody have other suggestions?

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

teddybAIR wrote:I agree on that one, I don't think everybody on this forum is familiar with al the ICAO codes. Thus, it would be userfriendly if this would indeed be possible. Yet, a far easier way of implementing this is a simple request to all members to mention the official name of the airport as well...anybody have other suggestions?
Well the use of codes is a difficult issue. What is self-evident to one person is a big mistery to another and vice versa. Generally I think your idea very good: when using codes, all of us ought to explain them, probably in a footnote. But then this should apply for IATA codes as well as ICAO codes, an ICAO code is much clearer, at least it shows its whereabouts (if you see EBxx you know it's a Belgian aerodrome) this is not the case for IATA codes. And then there's the various codes for classes of inflight service/comfort, these seem to vary even between individual airlines.
On the other hand we shouldn't be lazy. In this example, the original messages was about the trip home from Koksijde so it wold be an aerodrome either in Belgium or perhaps Northern France or perhaps perhaps the Netherlands. It doesn't take an Einstein's intelligence to seek out the exact code on the Internet.
Really nice to have would be some cross-reference lists IATA/ICAO/City/airport name , surely this must be available on the web but perhaps a link within these pages could be contrived?

omag

Post by omag »

Lets make it a bit easier for our friends... :-)

http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/aptcodesearch.asp

Check it out, enter the code, get the name! Surely one can manage that, right? ;-)

It contains all the codes you want...

Cheers,

Omag

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

omag wrote:Lets make it a bit easier for our friends... :-)

http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/aptcodesearch.asp

Check it out, enter the code, get the name! Surely one can manage that, right? ;-)
Thx, that will come in handy! Yet, having such a tool available on luchtzak.be would be an added value don't you think? Just as we have the aircraft identifier...

regards,
Tom

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

omag wrote:http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/aptcodesearch.asp
It contains all the codes you want...
except most belgian ULM-terrains...

Pinguin

Post by Pinguin »

Don't expect to much about EBKT (Kortrijk-Wevelgem), there isn't much traffic. I live not so far (6 km) from KJK (Kortrijk-Wevelgem) and I go to school not so far from it (2 years ago it was Wevelgem, not it's in kortrijk) and I only saw 3 times the C-130 and some King Air's and Citations... that's it...
And if you come too late you will probably see nothing, because the airport is closed in the evening...