OST 08/02/2006: What a day at EBOS!

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

pietn

OST 08/02/2006: What a day at EBOS!

Post by pietn »

Hi all,
I finally uploaded my pictures of wednesday at EBOS, and I must edmit, I really amused myself (also because I was in good company 8) ), it just didn't stopped. First the AWACS, then the C-130 an finally a KLM MD-11. So here they are:

The E-3A AWACS, he had a bit troubles during the first touch and go, he didn't actually hit the ground, reason was the very strong wind, and believe me, I can tell! (had to ride from one place to another with my bike)
Image Image Image

The KLM MD-11 called "Moeder Teresa"
Image Image Image Image Image

an to be complete, the C-130

Hope you like them,

Greetz, Pietn
Last edited by pietn on 11 Feb 2006, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

realplaneshaveprops

Post by realplaneshaveprops »

Fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing those wonderful moments

Koen

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Nice, what was the KLM doing there?
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Rago

Post by Rago »

killerwhale65 wrote:Nice, what was the KLM doing there?
:dammit: :dammit: :dammit:
Does the "Stupid question >>> Stupid answer"-topic still exist?

:jump2:

pietn

Post by pietn »

LOL :D , well, it certainley wasn't n there to pick up passengers :) , maybe the crew came spotting too because one of the crewmembers had a camera in his hands during landing (got a close-up picture of that)

now serious: it just came to ostend to practice some touch and go's, (or what did you guess) landed twice to do a crewchance

thanx for the nice comments guys

greetz, Pietn

a380man

Post by a380man »

good light on the MD-11 pietn

Established02

Post by Established02 »

killerwhale65 wrote:Nice, what was the KLM doing there?
Does the "Stupid question >>> Stupid answer"-topic still exist?
There is probably no need to be harsh... Just kindly answer the question.
I believe it hadn't been mentioned yet in this topic that the KLM MD11 had been doing touch & go's as well.

Practising touch & go is probably always the reason for these special visits, however there could possibly be another reason as well, no? Divertion due to weather, emergency landing, special charter...

Occasionally KLM has been using OST before for some touch and go's (e.g. with 737), but OST is obviously not the location of first choice for KLM to do such training. Therefore the question could be read as well as: "What was the KLM doing [at OST rather than practising at their usual training airport]?"

I believe having read in another topic that the KLM MD11 had been practising at MST, but when the weather conditions there became worse they then decided to move to OST for further practice.

pietn

Post by pietn »

oeps, sorry, forgot to mention that the MD-11 indeed diverted from MST due to bad weather, I'll try to be more complete next time :wink: ,
As far as I concern, I hope there will be more bad weather in Holland :D

Greetz, Pietn

Antonov22

Post by Antonov22 »

pietn wrote:oeps, sorry, forgot to mention that the MD-11 indeed diverted from MST due to bad weather, I'll try to be more complete next time :wink: ,
As far as I concern, I hope there will be more bad weather in Holland :D

Greetz, Pietn
Pietn, the MD11 didn't divert form MST, it did some T & G's at MST and after that it went to OST.

rgds,
Peter

pietn

Post by pietn »

yes, but after it did some touch & go's at MST it went to EBOS due to bad weather (that's what I've heard)

greetz, Pietn
Last edited by pietn on 11 Feb 2006, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

Antonov22

Post by Antonov22 »

:oops: Little mistake here

rgds,
Peter

pietn

Post by pietn »

No problemo :)

greetz, Pietn

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Thank you for the answer.
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Rago

Post by Rago »

Established02 wrote: I believe it hadn't been mentioned yet in this topic that the KLM MD11 had been doing touch & go's as well.
I believe having read in another topic that the KLM MD11 had been practising at MST, but when the weather conditions there became worse they then decided to move to OST for further practice.
Indeed if there are three topics about the same subject, you have to read all three of them to know everything.
I think if it was a diverted plane (with passengers on board) it would go to EBBR instead of EBOS, no? And if it is flying at a certain interval circles above Ostend city, I don't think it's to please the passengers or the crew...

The way the info in the topic was announced, is already mentioning T&G's, so the link is easily made, no?

PS: If you think I was harsh, you ain't seen nothing yet... :wink:

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Hello;

GREAT pictures Pietn!!!!!!!!

rgds:Jeroen