About moderation in the Aviation24.be forum

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
sean1982

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2020

Post by sean1982 »

Ansett wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 06:54 Just asked luchtzak to delete my account. I will be able to spend my leasure time more pleasantly than being selectevly censored by administrators who lack a lot of experience in the field of communication and freedom of speech. Or some animals are more equal here than others (Animal Farm by George Orwell who also wrote 1984). My post will, of course, soon be deleted in accordance with aviation24.be censorship policy.
I understand, I almost never post anymore myself either. Many (ex) aviation professionals have left this forum because the mods continue to tolerate the rotten attitude from one certain member.

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

sean1982 wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 09:27
Ansett wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 06:54 Just asked luchtzak to delete my account. I will be able to spend my leasure time more pleasantly than being selectevly censored by administrators who lack a lot of experience in the field of communication and freedom of speech. Or some animals are more equal here than others (Animal Farm by George Orwell who also wrote 1984). My post will, of course, soon be deleted in accordance with aviation24.be censorship policy.
I understand, I almost never post anymore myself either. Many (ex) aviation professionals have left this forum because the mods continue to tolerate the rotten attitude from one certain member.
I don't post often here, but I feel the same way. Some posts (very scarce imo) have gone beyond a certain limit. We are not insulting each other. Indeed, some have strong positions and opinions, diametrically opposed to others. We all have the right to express ouservelves even if from time to time, we are temporarily (!) off-topic or get into though exchanges. That's what make a forum live. Some guys here are very knowledgable, do have strong opinions and defend them, which I personally find normal. I've never felt any kind of personal attack as previously read. We're behind computers, not holding a gun in front of someone's eyes. Chill out a bit, don't stick too much with the "follow the rules" motto.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Shonix wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 10:49
sean1982 wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 09:27
I don't post often here, but I feel the same way. Some posts (very scarce imo) have gone beyond a certain limit. We are not insulting each other. Indeed, some have strong positions and opinions, diametrically opposed to others. We all have the right to express ouservelves even if from time to time, we are temporarily (!) off-topic or get into though exchanges. That's what make a forum live. Some guys here are very knowledgable, do have strong opinions and defend them, which I personally find normal. I've never felt any kind of personal attack as previously read. We're behind computers, not holding a gun in front of someone's eyes. Chill out a bit, don't stick too much with the "follow the rules" motto.
Agree with you.
I also find that the moderators use double standards.
Maybe that is human, but it is not correct.

I hope the administrators will not kill this nice instrument for aviation enthousiasts to exchange ideas, judgments, information and opinions.

As a baby boomer I have enjoyed the times of almost total freedom of speech.
Seeing the present "political correctness", imposed in many areas by a small minority, makes me sad and pessimistic for the future.

Let us hope www.aviation24.be will not continue to hide behind the Holy Rules and only allow members and opinions that they agree with (??).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

About moderation of this forum:

We are several moderators which might have different interpretations of the forum rules. However, we cannot monitor the forum 24/7. We try to be as tolerant as possible, but the degree of tolerance may vary according to the person who moderates. We are open to free speech, as long as it does not discriminate against the usual groups (race, religion, sexual behaviour, political opinion, etc.).

However, personal attacks will NEVER be allowed. You may disagree with someone's opinions, but never insult a person expressing a rightful opinion.

If you feel you have been insulted or attacked, please report the post to the moderators with the exclamation mark on the right top of the post.

It may sometimes be difficult to moderate a forum where some people have lost respect to one another. If you feel you can do better than us, please apply for the job and we will be happy to welcome you on board.

One last thing: the moderators are doing the utmost to keep the forum pleasant to read. Do not make negative remarks about them in the forum. contact webmaster Luchtzak via private message if you like to make express your dissatisfaction. (That's also part of the forum rules ;) )
André
ex Sabena #26567