Slow website

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
BBKing

Slow website

Post by BBKing »

Am I the only one who is experiencing a very slow load rate of the website?

It always takes so long to load the site and to load new pages ....

Avro

Post by Avro »

No you're not the only one. I first thought it was a problem with my connection but know it seems to be a problem with the site :cry: :?

Ciao
Chirs
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I never experienced problems, neither at home (ADSL) nor at the job (chhhht!) with optical fibre connection.

Lucky me :-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

My computer is new and fast, and my connection is also the best you can have .... so what's the problem ??

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

BBking,

First of all what is slow and what is fast? I have sometimes also problems, mostly when I upload the database, when I pres then on stop a back on upload the problem is mostly solved.

Greetz,

Dave

Comet

Post by Comet »

I was having problems with this site yesterday - first with the Forums link from the homepage, and then the homepage itself. I kept getting an error message saying "fatal error" with both pages.

SAB-OM

Post by SAB-OM »

same problems here ...
via pandora (telenet) and via 2Mbit @work
especially this morning - now it's better...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Guys,

let's do a thorough follow-up on the slowliness of the website. E.g. how many people online and what time of the day. I allready noticed some slow activity with approx. 80 people online.

Anyway I will contact my provider.

ciao,

Bart

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

Bart,

This afternoon I was several times on line between ± 13.30 u. and 16.30 u.

Loading pages took ages in the beginning of the afternoon. At this very moment (16.30 u.) it still needs about 30-45 sec's to swith pages. Off course, this is not really slow, but in this very fast communication time, it feels slow.

Anyway this website is very slow when compared with others ...

But I know that you're doing a great job so I don't blame you ... :mexwave:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Like BBking I also had slowness problems this afternoon. I thought it was one of the regular problems with our own provider, but it seemed quite specific to Luchtzak. Maybe your provider has the solution?
André
ex Sabena #26567

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

This morning (± 9 am) things are going better ... and faster.

But the problem is indeed specific for Luchtzak. Other websites do work well every moment of the day.

Happy working to you all today ... Keep cool, 'cause it is getting hot today (especially here in "De Kempen" ... up to 35°C .... ooooeeeffff)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

I have done some cleaning on the front-page, is it faster now? I personally have noticed that it is slightly faster.

People who are looking for the Banner-exchange links must go to the Banner-exchange program in stead of the left-lower block (slow block)

ciao ciao,

Bart
:rock:

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

Ha die Bart,

Today (saturday noon 11.39 am) it took me about 5 minutes to get on the website ...

Afterwards, it took me about 1,5 minute to get in some of the forum topics.

Maybe it depends on the traffic at a certain moment? Maybe Bart can check the stats for that?

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Indeed it's slower at some times, it has a late respons-time right now. Various reasons can cause the delay, let's hope it improves very soon...

ciao,

Bart

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Bart,

Today, between 14H00 and the time of this posting I had a lot of problems with(André it is correct now :wink: ) the site. This was the error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home/sites/site106/web/db/db.php on line 88 , if it can help you.

Greetz,

Dave

Avro

Post by Avro »

Yeah me too.

that's the error Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home/sites/site106/web/db/db.php on line 88

I just came back from a short trip (to the belgian coast), and thought that Bart would have solved the problems, but apparently not :wink: (I'm just kidding Bart)

Hope it will be solved soon cause it aint funny :cry:

Ciao
Chris

Avro

Post by Avro »

It seems that the problems have vanished. Since 5 minutes I'm able to surf without any problems on the site. Hope it'll continue like this :lol:

Chris

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

those error-message arrive with server-overload, just wait 30 seconds and try again. Normally it will work again. I hope you don't experience major inconveniences with the problems.

greetings,

Bart

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

I have spoken with my provider and actually the current host of luchtzak.be is located in the US. But there are some slow connections between Belgium and the US. He proposed to move the website to Brussels, closer in fact and faster I expect. Hopefully the problems will be solved soon...

greetings,

Bart

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

Thanks Bart !!!!

It is so hard to find out that one can't get on the website when you really need to !!!!!!