New GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and Aviation24.be

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
luchtzak

New GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and Aviation24.be

Post by luchtzak »

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.

It was adopted on 14 April 2016, and after a two-year transition period, becomes enforceable on 25 May 2018. The GDPR replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive. Because the GDPR is a regulation, not a directive, it does not require national governments to pass any enabling legislation and is directly binding and applicable.

Aviation24.be wants to express our commitment to protecting personal data in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.

On 19 May 2018, Aviation24.be has made changes to its privacy policy. This topic has been created to discuss about all matters related to this new EU law on data protection and privacy.

luchtzak

Re: New GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and Aviation24.be

Post by luchtzak »

On 28 May 2018 we have added a new line in our privacy policy, about Akismet, it's a feature on our main site to reduce spam.

Read their privacy policy for more information.

luchtzak

Re: New GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and Aviation24.be

Post by luchtzak »

Added a little pop-up in our forums for first time users, a little privacy notice (GDPR).

Elistratcox

New GDPR General Data Protection Regulation and Aviation24 be

Post by Elistratcox »

Thank you for bringing up this topic
I know that the current privacy policy that comes with the phpbb site is not sufficient to cover the GDRP regulations because my site is so customized.

I am actually working with an attorney to work on writing a custom policy for my phpbb site. For example, the fact that people can create an account using the OneAll social sign in needs to be clear to EU members how that data is used. Also, like when BBMarket Goods is created, there will need to be privacy policy explain how you data is used. I dont out worldly market to ppl in the Europe but I welcome all people so Id rather be safe then sorry.

Is anyone else here working on updating their privacy policy section?