Forum has become difficult to use

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
Flanker2

Forum has become difficult to use

Post by Flanker2 »

I'm sorry but despite a great improvement on the news articles side, the forum has become difficult to read and access. I liked the previous format where we could access the latest topics directly on the homepage more easily instead of the current latest topics format.

Can you bring it back and put it there?

Thanks.

cathay belgium

Re: Forum has become difficult to use

Post by cathay belgium »

indeed, and besides,..I noticed much less replies since the ...
cxb

improvement is good but as people are leaving the new ship it isn't much of an improvement imo
New types flown 2022.. A339

convair

Post by convair »

It certainly needs some re-work. I keep getting unusual reactions when clicking.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

IMHO, it's quite easy, from the home page, to click on "Active Topics" to be in the fire of the action !

But I'll let the webmaster reply on this one...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

I actually like how you present the news now. It's really great and very pro. I didn't read aviation news often on Luchtzak before, but now I read them very often.

It's just the latest topics banner. The old one was easier to overview and click through.
The name of the forum wasn't on it, I think that this is unnecessary as most will identify the topics they want to go onto. This excess in information makes it less intuitive to click through.
Also, the new banner has quite a delay compared to the actual discussion.

If you could put that previous banner there instead of the current one, I think that it would be perfect.

Just a friendly suggestion and I thank CX-B and Convair for their opinions.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Flanker2 wrote:I'm sorry but despite a great improvement on the news articles side, the forum has become difficult to read and access. I liked the previous format where we could access the latest topics directly on the homepage more easily instead of the current latest topics format.
Since a few weeks now I am dreaming of a 'block' on the mainpage to get the 10 latest forum replies in a nice and clear way. It's not so easy to team up 2 different items (main page - forum) in 1 website. So you will need to be patient. I am working on this, and I want it to be perfect and spot-on!

For the moment you can check: active topics or new posts in the menu area (main page) or the drop-down (forum pages).

It's certainly not my idea to 'scare off' visitors, on the contrary: statistics from the past days show an increase of visits and pageviews, not only for the latest news articles on the main page, but for the forums as well.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Worked on the latest forum replies on the main page, check it out ;)