New Luchtzak

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
User avatar
cathay belgium
Posts: 2256
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 00:17
Location: Lommel-Belgium
Contact:

New Luchtzak

Post by cathay belgium »

hi,

what do you think about the new luchtzak page?

For me, iI really don't like it !

Too messy... you have to touch the screen three or four times before you are in the forum topic which we all use this site for the most...

And even then it isn't just what you think it will be...

As I used to be a daily visitor of this site I noticed less interest and less hits a day...

I guess this can't be the reason of the refit, a website is made to be read and to be used otherwise why would you set it up..

Maybe the new luchtzak looks better,is more modern.. but if you use it less why not returning to the old?

I know a least three others shares my opinion.. therefor give your opinion here before it's too late ;)

CXB
New types flown 2020 : A321neo,B781
New types planned : E140-E190E2

User avatar
Airbus330lover
Posts: 811
Joined: 21 Jul 2005, 00:00
Location: Rixensart

Re: new luchtzak

Post by Airbus330lover »

Hi,

Nice design, but surely too many clics before getting to the info.
Same opinion as this from CXB

sean1982
Posts: 3252
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: new luchtzak

Post by sean1982 »

I agree with CxB .... the old forum interface was a lot better :|

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36566
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by sn26567 »

Thank you to you all for your feedback.

An upgrade always takes a time of adaptation, as well for the owners of the website as for its users. And certainly much more for me as for you! New features and procedures are still being introduced at a daily rate to improve the site.
cathay belgium wrote:you have to touch the screen three or four times before you are in the forum topic which we all use this site for the most
If the forum is your main topic of interest, you can reach immediately (in one click) the new posts after your last visit: from the homepage, by clicking on "Unread posts" in the "Forums" drop down menu.

Furthermore, there is a list of the last forum replies in the right column of the homepage.

If anyone has another problem, please tell us right here !
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
KriVa
Posts: 1378
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 20:15
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by KriVa »

To be honest, I don't really like it either.
I'm just glad I can still use the forum the same way I used to, by using this link as my bookmark:
search.php?search_id=newposts
Thomas

User avatar
Established02
Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Oct 2002, 00:00

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by Established02 »

As there is more dynamic in the forum than in the news section, I would also suggest to keep the forum all the way on top and in the center. The new forum location is unfortunately a step backwards in terms of user convenience.
sn26567 wrote:If the forum is your main topic of interest, you can reach immediately (in one click) the new posts after your last visit: from the homepage, by clicking on "Unread posts" in the "Forums" drop down menu.
That does not seem to work for me.

The options in grey disappear again, as soon as your mouse leaves the main FORUMS button.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

User avatar
Established02
Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Oct 2002, 00:00

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by Established02 »

sn26567 wrote:Furthermore, there is a list of the last forum replies in the right column of the homepage.
I notice that this list is not being updated right away, as it used to be in the previous format.

My previous post was uploaded 5+ minutes ago, but this list still does not seem to show it.
Attachments
Capture 2.PNG

User avatar
Established02
Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Oct 2002, 00:00

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by Established02 »

The f button goes to a personal Facebook account.
Attachments
Capture 4.JPG

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36566
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by sn26567 »

Established02 wrote:
sn26567 wrote:If the forum is your main topic of interest, you can reach immediately (in one click) the new posts after your last visit: from the homepage, by clicking on "Unread posts" in the "Forums" drop down menu.
That does not seem to work for me.

The options in grey disappear again, as soon as your mouse leaves the main FORUMS button.
You are probably using a Chrome navigator: I have the same problem. The drop down menu works correctly with Internet Explorer and Firefox though.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11441
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

The link to the Facebook page has been corrected.

Still working on the main page and menu bar.

The 'latest topics'-feed on the main page indeed has a delay. Will check into that.

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming, our 'office' is always open ;-)

regi
Posts: 5140
Joined: 02 Sep 2004, 00:00
Location: Bruges

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by regi »

I like it.
first I thought I had a an automatic upgrade on my Samsung screen. :? But screens don't upgrade, so it's the website !

Visually, it is clearer, brighter.

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11441
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Established02 wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Furthermore, there is a list of the last forum replies in the right column of the homepage.
I notice that this list is not being updated right away, as it used to be in the previous format.

My previous post was uploaded 5+ minutes ago, but this list still does not seem to show it.
Should be fixed now, thanks to feedburner. Can you please check, and re-check tomorrow to confirm?

thanks for the update, and your patience ;)

User avatar
Established02
Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Oct 2002, 00:00

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by Established02 »

luchtzak wrote:Should be fixed now, thanks to feedburner. Can you please check
At 18h45 the list shows Regi's post from 17h47, but not yours from 18h22.

I'm indeed using Chrome, which apparently explains the other reported menu problem.
Attachments
Capture 5.JPG

Inquirer
Posts: 2085
Joined: 14 Feb 2012, 14:30

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by Inquirer »

Hello
is there anything in particular i need to do in order to see posts in the forums the chronological order?
Becasue right now, topics with recent posts in them do not automatically apprear on top, which I find a bit annoying as I come here to read about new developments mainly.
Thank you.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36566
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by sn26567 »

Inquirer wrote:Hello
is there anything in particular i need to do in order to see posts in the forums the chronological order?
Becasue right now, topics with recent posts in them do not automatically appear on top, which I find a bit annoying as I come here to read about new developments mainly.
Thank you.
On top you'll always have a few topics (1 to 5) which have been labelled "sticky" by a moderator, because of the constant interest they are supposed to arise. Thereafter, the topics appear with the chronological order of the most recent posts.

If you click on "new posts" or "unread posts" in the "Quick links" (top left of each page), you'll have all the topics in the chronological order of the most recent posts.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11441
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Established02 wrote:
luchtzak wrote:Should be fixed now, thanks to feedburner. Can you please check
At 18h45 the list shows Regi's post from 17h47, but not yours from 18h22.

I'm indeed using Chrome, which apparently explains the other reported menu problem.
Should be fixed now!

Malaysia
Posts: 379
Joined: 22 Feb 2007, 17:49
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by Malaysia »

Would be nice if it showed the recent post on the forum instead of the latest news on the mobile version!

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11441
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Malaysia wrote:Would be nice if it showed the recent post on the forum instead of the latest news on the mobile version!
Malaysia,

can you be more precise as I don't understand what you mean ;-)

Malaysia
Posts: 379
Joined: 22 Feb 2007, 17:49
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by Malaysia »

On the normal website there's the Latest Forum Replies column (A list with the latest forum replies) , on the mobile website there's not while this was very usefull when on your mobile because thats the first thing I go to.

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 11441
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: New Luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Malaysia wrote:On the normal website there's the Latest Forum Replies column (A list with the latest forum replies) , on the mobile website there's not while this was very usefull when on your mobile because thats the first thing I go to.
I will have a look on this item!

Post Reply