Website administrator flooded with spam accounts

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
luchtzak

Website administrator flooded with spam accounts

Post by luchtzak »

Spammers have discovered a way to register on any phpBB-running website www.luchtzak.be included, last few days I received over 100 new registrations! Unfortunately all of them had the only reason to spam the forums :evil: Since a few weeks I am checking and accepting all new registrations, please use a good nickname and a decent mailadress (please no .ru or spam.com account) to register your account! And when your account isn't activated fast enough (let's say after 72 hours) please send me an e-mail! in the mean time I will look for a good solution to stop those spammers!

jan_olieslagers

Re: Website administrator flooded with spam accounts

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Bart, for myself and I believe for many others round here: once again my heartfelt gratitude and respect for your efforts! Keep fighting those bastard spammers!

NCB

Post by NCB »

Ha, poor Bart.

Our customer service people get about 50 spam mails from "Chinese businesses selling electronics" daily. :D

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Upon registration new members will be asked to enter the following question: Enter three hundred eigthy in numbers (and when you change profile settings too)

I hope everybody will understand the question ;-)

I have removed about 300 spam accounts from the memberlist, in case you registered in the last week and your account isn't activated yet please re-register!

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Did you upgraded to the latest version of phpBB3?

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Bralo20 wrote:Did you upgraded to the latest version of phpBB3?
Yes indeed, but I think I solved the problem by adding the anti-spambot question!