Finnair Embraer 170 (1:100 Scale)

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
slowflite

Finnair Embraer 170 (1:100 Scale)

Post by slowflite »

Help,
I've been looking for a 1:100 scale model of Finnair's Embraer 170. It is listed on the Finnair website (www.finnairshop.fi) for 12 Euros but I believe it can only be purchased when traveling on Finnair flights or when shopping at the Finnair shop at Helsinki-Vantaa airport. Does anyone have any suggestions, short of traveling to Helsinki, on how I can purchase this model?

OO-SBZ

Re: Finnair Embraer 170 (1:100 Scale)

Post by OO-SBZ »

slowflite wrote:Help,
I've been looking for a 1:100 scale model of Finnair's Embraer 170. It is listed on the Finnair website (www.finnairshop.fi) for 12 Euros but I believe it can only be purchased when traveling on Finnair flights or when shopping at the Finnair shop at Helsinki-Vantaa airport. Does anyone have any suggestions, short of traveling to Helsinki, on how I can purchase this model?
Hello!

If I were you I would however write an e-mail to their shop/commercial/PR services and ask them if they could ship it to your country.
I did the very same with European carriers Austrian, Aero Llyod (RIP), Hapag Llyod, Hapag Llyod Express and defunct American Independence. Although most carriers stated on their websites they did not ship abroad, they were more than happy to help a foreign airliner enthusiast. Moreover two of them did not charge me extra for p&p to Belgium. :wink:

BeN :idea:

slowflite

Post by slowflite »

BeN,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did email their customer service department on two occasions, but they were VERY firm in that the Embraer model was not available for retail sale unless I was a Finnair ticketed passenger.

I'm not ever certain who makes the model because I would try the manufacturer directly.

Thanks Todd

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

slowflite wrote:BeN,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did email their customer service department on two occasions, but they were VERY firm in that the Embraer model was not available for retail sale unless I was a Finnair ticketed passenger.

I'm not ever certain who makes the model because I would try the manufacturer directly.

Thanks Todd
Cheap 1/100 scale models are usually produced by Long Prosper (or PPC Netherlands). As I can understand there is sometimes a kind of embargo ("exclusive supply to the airline"). However from my experience it does never last very very long: soon or later the models appear on e-bay and in high street stores.

BeN :idea:

slowflite

Post by slowflite »

BeN,

Thanks for the information. I'm going to search for "Long Prosper" and "PPC Netherlands" to see if I can track down the aircraft. If you ever run across one in Europe let me know!

Many thanks, Todd

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Try contacting KillerWhale of our Luchtzak and i guess most of your problems will turn into solutions 8)
Aum Sweet Aum.

Abale

Still interested?

Post by Abale »

If you are still interested, I'm flying Finnair next week. I'll fly back on an Embraer. I can ask for the big one too if they accept credit cards. :lol:
Greetings.
Baudouin

JatB733

Finnair 1:100 Embrar 170

Post by JatB733 »

There is an available 1/100 Finnair EMB-170 model by Skymarks at ebay.com >> collectibles >> transportation >> aviation >> airlines.

slowflite

Post by slowflite »

Thanks, I'm all over that!