skeyes (ex-Belgocontrol) ATCO vacancies

Find your job in the aviation industry.
KriVa

Re: Belgocontrol ATCO vacancies

Post by KriVa »

I can't state anything with certainty, since I don't know whether the order of things have changed in the meantime, or whether they've added/removed/combined certain stages in the process.
In any case, here's what my track looked like:
- FEAST 1
- FEAST 2
- Personal interview + English skill test
- Group assessment
- Medical check
- Start of training

We didn't go to Malmö, though, so I can't really give you any details on how things work over there. From the people that have been there, I gather it's been fun and demanding, so pretty much the same :lol:
Thomas

Mako

Post by Mako »

Hi all,
A320lover wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 16:12 Anyone who made it through the group assessment as well? :D
Yes! I've made it through as well. Now waiting for more information about the medical check up.
KriVa wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 17:14 ..//..
We didn't go to Malmö, though, so I can't really give you any details on how things work over there.
..//..
Did you have your training at the training center in Steenokkerzeel then? I know EPN and Belgocontrol have a joint venture since a couple of weeks, and are planning to commence their training programs in Belgium. But as far as I know, that would only be starting in November 2018 or so...
I thought that Belgocontrol already had a partnership with EPN for a couple of years, but apparently something changed recently.

Just wondering when we're about to receive more information about the training (abroad). Will it start towards the end of May? Beginning of May?
Hope we'll find out soon!

A320lover

Post by A320lover »

As far as I know the medical check will be somewhere in March, but they are still not sure whether to send us to Sweden or not. I guess we will have to wait and find out soon enough.

I know someone who is in Sweden right now, they will be there for around 8 months.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

We were the last group (for now) to be trained fully in-house in Steenokkerzeel. Our training started in September 2015. The group after ours was the first to be sent to Malmö, and I believe they started around April 2016-ish. I could be off a few months in either direction on that, though.
Thomas

Bapt'

Post by Bapt' »

Last edited by Bapt' on 26 Feb 2018, 17:08, edited 2 times in total.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Was it that late? Damn, training flew by...
Thomas

Bapt'

Post by Bapt' »

They just finished their OJT a few weeks ago ;)

rob1992

Post by rob1992 »

Is it the complete initial training that takes place in Sweden (Basic and Rating)?
Anyone who can give a timeline for the different trainings? Initial and unit
Last edited by rob1992 on 07 Mar 2018, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

Hralou

Post by Hralou »

Hi guys,

I wasn't registered on this forum until now but I see that there are some questions about the course processes sooo as i can answer, here you go : ;)

I've got through the selections as well (congratulations to the others who did it!) :D and been working at Belgo for 1 year, so the informations i gathered are :
the course will start the 14th of May, normally it takes around 10 months but it will probably be shortened because of the new agreement with EPN, so the end of the basic training should take place in Brussels.
you will soon received an e-mail or a phone call to explain you a bit the procedures, and the medical exams will be in march (9/03, 16/03, 23/03, 30/03 and one date in april). They will ask us which date we prefer.

If you have more questions don't hesitate,
Hope to see you all very soon and congrats again!
Cheers,

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Hi Hralou, welcome to aviation24!
Thomas

A320lover

Post by A320lover »

Hralou wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 20:07 Hi guys,

I wasn't registered on this forum until now but I see that there are some questions about the course processes sooo as i can answer, here you go : ;)

I've got through the selections as well (congratulations to the others who did it!) :D and been working at Belgo for 1 year, so the informations i gathered are :
the course will start the 14th of May, normally it takes around 10 months but it will probably be shortened because of the new agreement with EPN, so the end of the basic training should take place in Brussels.
you will soon received an e-mail or a phone call to explain you a bit the procedures, and the medical exams will be in march (9/03, 16/03, 23/03, 30/03 and one date in april). They will ask us which date we prefer.

If you have more questions don't hesitate,
Hope to see you all very soon and congrats again!
Cheers,
Thank you very much for all this information, I am sure a lot of people appreciate that! I do have one question. So the basic training will start in Sweden but end in Belgium, as far as I understand?

Hralou

Post by Hralou »

You're very welcome!

Yeah the basic will probably end in Belgium but it is really not sure. We will spend some months in Sweden for sure anyway ;)

A320lover

Post by A320lover »

Hralou wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 11:23 You're very welcome!

Yeah the basic will probably end in Belgium but it is really not sure. We will spend some months in Sweden for sure anyway ;)
Do you also know how many people are left? If so, will we be split up in two groups, like all the previous promotions?

Hralou

Post by Hralou »

I would say around 20 but I don't know exactly. And I have no idea whether we will be split in two groups or not, but I don't think so.

A320lover

Post by A320lover »

Hralou wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 14:52 I would say around 20 but I don't know exactly. And I have no idea whether we will be split in two groups or not, but I don't think so.
Alright, thanks. Just wondering, when are they going to plan us for the medical tests? Still haven't received any news. :D

rob1992

Post by rob1992 »

A320lover wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 20:33
Hralou wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 14:52 I would say around 20 but I don't know exactly. And I have no idea whether we will be split in two groups or not, but I don't think so.
Alright, thanks. Just wondering, when are they going to plan us for the medical tests? Still haven't received any news. :D
Same here, nothing heard yet ;)
Also wondering whether there would be any kind of information session after the tests, on what's next.

MM3620

Post by MM3620 »

Is there a set timeframe in which you can't apply again if you've failed your tests like at Eurocontrol (2 years)?
Sadly I didn't pass my psychological test, however I'd still like to try again before I hit the age of 25.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Entry Point North and Belgocontrol join forces to deliver high quality training !

https://www.aviation24.be/air-traffic-co ... -training/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SR20 wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 17:28 Entry Point North and Belgocontrol join forces to deliver high quality training !

https://www.aviation24.be/air-traffic-co ... -training/
How many times are they going to communicate on this? Already 3 months ago, on 7 December: https://www.aviation24.be/air-traffic-co ... -brussels/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Belgium's State Gazette 21/03/2018: ATCO for CRL and LGG:

FR:
Belgocontrol organise un concours de recrutement d'aspirants-contrôleurs de la circulation aérienne (masculins/féminins, rang 20), pour les besoins du département ATS (Air Traffic Services) de la direction générale des opérations, dans les tours de Charleroi (EBCI) et Liège (EBLG).
Continues here:
http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/cgi/ar ... ummary#top

NL:
Belgocontrol organiseert een vergelijkend wervingsexamen voor aspirant-luchtverkeersleiders (mannelijk/vrouwelijk, rang 20), ten behoeve van de afdeling ATS (Air Traffic Services) van het directoraat-generaal operaties, in de torens van Charleroi (EBCI) en Luik (EBLG).
Continues here:
http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/cgi/ar ... 011303#top