Payerne Air 04 Flight display photos

A place to discuss military aviation: airshows, stunning pictures, weapons, etc...

Moderator: Latest news team

Fabke

Payerne Air 04 Flight display photos

Post by Fabke »

Here some flight shots from the superb Swiss airshow at Payerne , yesterday the 4th September 2004.
The weather was very fine 8) and lots of interesting airplanes :D , took about 600 photos so it will be a big job to sort them out :wink:

Regards,
Fabke
www.airshows.be

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Wow those are very nice shots.
It looks like this was a very great airshow.

When looking to the pictures did all teams somekind of flyby?

Best Regards,
Yvo

Bottie

Re: Payerne Air 04 Flight display photos

Post by Bottie »

Fabke wrote:Here some flight shots from the superb Swiss airshow at Payerne , yesterday the 4th September 2004.

8O , that's the right word for that, SUPERB 8O

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Re: Payerne Air 04 Flight display photos

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Great photos! Well done!

Fabke

Post by Fabke »

This was indeed one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life :lol: , flight displays of the Rafale , Eurofighter , Gripen , Super Hornet , Mirage 2000 , Agusta 129 , Dutch and Belgian F16 , ... ..at the end of the show there was a very nice surprise , the mass take off of 5 teams which were called the "Patrouille des patrouilles" , very impressive seeing all those teams taking off in less than 20 minutes , then after the Rafale's display they did 2 mass fly by's , the teams in that fly by were the Patrouille Suisse , Red Arrows , Team 60 , Frecce Tricolori and the Patrulla Aguila.
Congrats to the Swiss air force for this very , very nice event , if there could be every year such a nice airshow :wink:
Regards,
Fabke
www.airshows.be

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Superb pics, Fabke. I like very much the "Patrouille des Patrouilles", which could have been even nicer if each team had shown their national colours.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Fabke

Post by Fabke »

sn26567 wrote:Superb pics, Fabke. I like very much the "Patrouille des Patrouilles", which could have been even nicer if each team had shown their national colours.
That's true , but we can't have it all :wink: , all by all a very nice airshow and I'm sure we won't see such a nice event very soon again , this should be the first time so much teams fly together or am I wrong :?: If only we could have such an events in Belgium :cry:
Regards,
Fabke
www.airshows.be

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It is now also on A.net:

larger image
André
ex Sabena #26567

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Is this a yearly event?

Avro

Post by Avro »

Great pictures Fabke.

It must really be a great airshow indeed..

Chris

Rago

Post by Rago »

No words for it Fabke, just :wow:

Keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:

Fabke

Post by Fabke »

Bottie wrote:Is this a yearly event?
No I'm afraid not , I don't think the Swiss air force organises many airshows , I think but I'm not sure that they organise every year some kind of open doors :wink:
Regards,
Fabke
www.airshows.be

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Fabke wrote:
Bottie wrote:Is this a yearly event?
No I'm afraid not , I don't think the Swiss air force organises many airshows , I think but I'm not sure that they organise every year some kind of open doors :wink:

tedzju

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

Superb pics Fabke :thumbsup:
i'm just back from the Payerne airshow myself, i've been there on sunday.
wil post some of my pics tomorow here, so we wil have the whole weekend in this topic :D

dens

Post by dens »

Hi,

Very nice pictures. I was in Payerne and I will post pictures soon.

To answer some questions, this airshow is not an annual meeting.
The next air show in Switzerland will take place in Sion in 2007. I think, but I'm not sure, it will be organised by Swiss Air Force!

Best regards!

el_KID

Post by el_KID »

AN124 wrote:Wow those are very nice shots.
It looks like this was a very great airshow.

When looking to the pictures did all teams somekind of flyby?

Best Regards,
Yvo
8O I am convicted, the airshow at Payerne wasn't worth half of it's so intensively appreciated and recognized air & static displays.
In my eyes the succes of this event is more related to an old swiss patriotic and occidental emotional "couronnement" on what the average swiss mentality has unafortunately been enduring since disappearment of the iron courtain, like as the airshow had been stolen to belong to a kind of occidental clan airshow...

Well as most interested cityzens would have forgotten the existence of high rated planes as the su-27 variant combat aircrafts in aerial displays there wasn't a glimpse to make possible comparisons between international aircraft categories, themore there where only few eastern airplatforms like a static hungarian MIG-29 and a Mil Mi 24 "Hind", and finally to add that the only eastern jets to fly on display were some blue Aero Albatros L-39 or somewhat else which suggested more to the public they had been assembled by a swiss watch company than by a former Warsaw Pact country! :x

Fabke

Post by Fabke »

Finally found time to add the best shots from Payerne to my website :D , photos can be found on http://gallery32056.fotopic.net/ :wink:
Regards,
Fabke
www.airshows.be

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Fabke wrote:Finally found time to add the best shots from Payerne to my website :D , photos can be found on http://gallery32056.fotopic.net/ :wink:

They were certainly worth waiting for :thumbsup: