Picture that: Israel C-130-5. How did they do that?

A place to discuss military aviation: airshows, stunning pictures, weapons, etc...

Moderator: Latest news team

SN30952

Picture that: Israel C-130-5. How did they do that?

Post by SN30952 »

When researching the Israeli Skyhawk item (see same forum, I came across this picture:
How did they do that? I was wondering...
Did they stop the propellors? Or what type of camera did they use?

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

this picture has been taken with a high shutterspeed ; 1/2000 sec. or something like that, that's wath "freezing" the prop's.

Jense

Post by Jense »

Vonsmalhausen wrote:this picture has been taken with a high shutterspeed ; 1/2000 sec. or something like that, that's wath "freezing" the prop's.
Indeed, Vonsmalhausen. If you want to nail the beacon, you can try/do that too. Example: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/485930/L/
That is no luck!

greettzzz

twan01

Post by twan01 »

Fons,

Photographic, this is a very bad picture. One of the essencial rules of pictures of flying propeller aircraft is : Always have movements into the propellers.

This isn't always that easy because of the low shutter speeds you have to use, and the vibration of your aircraft during air to air photoshoots.

Pictures with "frozen" propellers like this are just good for the trash bin.

To see how to do it the right way, just visit my website www.aroels-aerialphotography.be
Keep 'Em Flying !!

"Twan"

www.iapa.be

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

twan01 wrote:Fons,
Photographic, this is a very bad picture.
Pictures with "frozen" propellers like this are just good for the trash bin.
So this is"operatinal (military) photography"?

twan01

Post by twan01 »

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:58 pm Post subject:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fons wrote:

So this is"operatinal (military) photography"?

Fons,

Yes, I think this is indeed "operational military photography"

The picture is probably taken out of the open ramp of an other C-130. I did a lot of those kind of photoshoots too in BAF.

Some years ago I was a week on report with the Israelian Air Force to do a report about F-16 bases in Isreal. But they are so restricted in photo authorizations that I don't think this picture is taken by a civilian or foreigh photographer.
Keep 'Em Flying !!

"Twan"

www.iapa.be

Avro

Post by Avro »

twan01 wrote: Pictures with "frozen" propellers like this are just good for the trash bin.
Or for forums like Luchtzak.be ;)

I agree that it might be not a very nice picture from a photographic point of view, but it is still very special and makes a funny effect :P

Chris
8)