Santa In Air Crash - But He Is Alive.

A place to discuss military aviation: airshows, stunning pictures, weapons, etc...

Moderator: Latest news team

Lame

Santa In Air Crash - But He Is Alive.

Post by Lame »

Helicopter crash in Kragujevac | 13:55 |

KRAGUEJEVAC -- Tuesday – Four people have been seriously injured when their helicopter crashed in the central Serbian town of Kragujevac.

The military helicopter came down at around 12.45 as it ferried a Santa Claus to a show in the town centre.

It crashed near the municipal hall, just a few hundred yards from a crowd of 500 children attending the show.

The four injured people were admitted to the local hospital. Their condition is not yet known. Police and army are on the scene.

SN30952

Re: Santa In Air Crash - But He Is Alive.

Post by SN30952 »

Lame wrote:Helicopter crash in Kragujevac -The military helicopter came down at around 12.45 as it ferried a Santa Claus to a show in the town centre.
Is that the Santa you can see walking away from the crash on BBC WORLD?
Actually, you see the approach of the heli, than some bizarre mannoeuvre, and then it slide back down, loosing lify and going slowly down (in autogiro?)

Stand by with your tape recorders....
The Sun has as follows: Santa helicopter horror and doubles the number of childern...
"Santa, the helicopter's two pilots and a cameraman were all hurt in the crash and rushed to hospital. Two of the five were thought to be seriously injured with fractures."

But in the BBC footage one can see Santa walking 'beardless, from the crash site... But if the on board cameraman had his camera rolling, these pictures would be interesting to see, and particularly the sound would instructive...
Is Santa praying when he goes to heaven?

In Turkish the news is as follows Noel Baba'nin helikopteri düstü

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I was also amazed to see that crash "live" on EuroNews this morning. Pity that the video is not on their website, which is sometimes the case. Luchtzak could have downloaded it.
André
ex Sabena #26567

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

I saw it on VTM nieuws yesterday evening.
I'm still wondering what the pilot tried to do with his machine, or perhaps it was some technical difficulty.

ciao,
TriStar 8O

SN30952

No. not here

Post by SN30952 »

sn26567 wrote:I was also amazed to see that crash "live" on EuroNews this morning. Pity that the video is not on their website, which is sometimes the case. Luchtzak could have downloaded it.
BBC does not carry it either....

Avro

Post by Avro »

I also saw it on TV, it was really sepctacular to see :!:

Lame

Post by Lame »

I too have now seen the video of the incident on our TV news, amazing footage.

Even more amazing that they all got out alive.