Interested in USS Aircraft Carriers ?

A place to discuss military aviation: airshows, stunning pictures, weapons, etc...

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Lien wrote:Also in case you spot an Aircraft Carrier at EBBR!
:D :lol: 8) :P :twisted:

Watch out for the booze, Lien
André
ex Sabena #26567

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

You're right Lien, but my point is that when one permit talking about all the other things, one should also permit talking about military aviation, aircraft carriers, etc. ...

I don't have a problem about discussions related to beer, restaurants, KV Mechelen, ..., but why should other people have problems with military aviation. At the end it is all about planes !!

Up to now I didn't see an aircraft carrier coming down on runway 25L of EBBR, but I'm still hoping that one day I'll see one .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comet

Post by Comet »

There is nothing wrong with my restaurant reviews (and I don't remember "best fish restaurant in Mechelen" - maybe you could provide me with the link so I can check it out??)

As for pets - that was a very popular topic. Beer was another popular topic (and how can beer be wrong in a "pub"?) How did you choose your nickname was also very popular.

There are people (I know one for sure) who enjoy the restaurant reviews, so why should I stop writing them?

I agree with Erwin that this is first and foremost a civil forum, there are other forums out there where you can discuss military matters, there are more forums devoted to military aviation than civil aviation, that is why it was so nice to find this one, and we don't have the dreadful flaming on here - yet!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

twan01

Post by twan01 »

BBKing,

I Totally agree with you.

If I have to make a choise between talking about aircraft carriers and restaurant review and pets, I prefer the first.
If I want to know something about a restaurant, I'll look for a cityguide or a restaurant related website and not for an aviation website or aviation forum. I visit also a lot of restaurants and have a dog and a cat too, but I ain't gone start talking about these on Luchtzak. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Furthermore I think that nobody, even not those who only are interested in civilian aviation, will turn his or her back if ever they have the occasion to visit one. :wink:

PS : Andre/777

The "Guam" LPH 9 and the "Guadalcanal" LPH 7 are LPH (Helicopter carriers) from the "Iwo Jima" class. They went into service in the early 60's and most are replaced now by LPA/LPD (assault carriers) from the "Tarawa" and "Wasp" class. :teach: :teach: :teach:
Keep 'Em Flying !!

"Twan"

www.iapa.be

Comet

Post by Comet »

And if I want to look at bloody aircraft carriers then I'll look at a military website and not a civil one.

The Cityguide forum was set up, so why the hell shouldn't I use it if I want to???
Louise

Post by 777 »

• twan01 wrote:PS : Andre/777

The "Guam" LPH 9 and the "Guadalcanal" LPH 7 are LPH (Helicopter carriers) from the "Iwo Jima" class. They went into service in the early 60's and most are replaced now by LPA/LPD (assault carriers) from the "Tarawa" and "Wasp" class
    Hi twan01,

Indeede you're right, and you can even see it on the last link
    I mentionned. I must have been blind that day.

Greetings.

Andre

Post by 777 »

• sn26567 wrote:Lien wrote:
    Also in case you spot an Aircraft Carrier at EBBR!

I think, sn26657, that Lien meant this as a joke in answer to a member's question . It's the way I understood it anyway.

Andre

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

777 wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Lien wrote:
Also in case you spot an Aircraft Carrier at EBBR!

I think, sn26657, that Lien meant this as a joke in answer to a member's question . It's the way I understood it anyway.
That's exactly what I understood it was: a joke!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

I don't see the fuzz about all this. The restaurant reviews are at their place in the cityguide forum, as in the pub, you can talk about virtually everything, including aircraft carriers. That's how i see it. I'm not a big fan of aircraft carriers myself, but i fail to see why it couldn't be in the Luchtzak pub. After all, you choose yourself at what post you look.

Comet, let's have some basical politeness here! It can very well be that you don't like military discussions, but nevertheless your reaction to some things is inappropriate, in my eyes. But keep posting, many of your posts are really very good!!

Bye,

Pieter

concordino

Post by concordino »

Not sure if I am misreading all this but doesn't the banner on the homepage read "The world of aviation is only one mouse click away" (my emphasis) which implies that anything aviation related is here, be it ULM, balloon, airliners,virtual airlines, gliders, bizjets or the "M" word.

I am also a dinghy sailor and am not keen on big day cruiser yachts but accept that they are part of sailing. If I am not interested in a topic (they are all kept apart) then I don't read it.

Surely Luchtzak is for all tastes.

Concordino

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

I have NO problem at all with whatever subject at this forum, but I really don't see why military aviation should be excluded.

If you like military aviation you read the posts. If you don't like it, you just don't read it.

But if you are talking about the world of aviation, you should accept military aviaton as well.

What is the f****** difference between a topic about BAF F-16's and restaurants in Genval?

Comet

Post by Comet »

BBKing - do I need to remind you that you posted in such threads as "how did you choose your nickname?" "what is your favourite food?" "what is your favourite beer?" They were obviously acceptable to you then, so what is wrong with them now, except that I happen to disagree with you on military aviation?

And in case you hadn't noticed the "restaurant in Genval" is located in City Guide, where it is perfectly relevant and on-topic. Those who wanted to answer it have done, those who do not wish to answer have not. All the posts I have contributed on this forum have been in the correct places. If you have a problem with the City Guide forum being on this website then you do not have to read it, but it shouldn't be removed just because you want military aviation on here and I don't.[/i]
Louise

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Allright, another topic that is going nowhere!

André 777,

if the poll about the military aviation continues like this you can re-start a discussion about the USS Aircraft Carrier soon!

Closing this topic!

greetings,

Bart
:rock: