Vueling

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

EBOS87

Vueling

Post by EBOS87 »

Since a few weeks is the spanish low cost company "Vueling" flying from BRU to Valencia and Barcelona. Does someone know how those routes are doing it? I've read already some positive trip reports of them. Hopefully will they continue those flights...

Stefan

levent

Post by levent »

Hi Stefan and others,

Vueling is doing really fine, I understood they´re achieving average load factors of 70%. They fly with two A320´s and plan to incorporate two more at the end of this year. Both planes are based at BCN and fly two different routes, going through PMI, IBZ, VLC, CDG and BRU. I flew with them from Valencia to Paris when they just started, on 3 July. Nice flight, good planes and friendly crew. They had a nice opening offer of 10 euros one way! I personally hope they´ll start VLC-AMS shortly.

Levent

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

When I tried to perform a booking in november to Valencia (just for fun), I got this message: 'Sorry. There are no available seats between Thu, 04 Nov 04 and Sat, 06 Nov 04. Please choose other dates or destinations.' Does Vueling stop flying to Valencia after October? I also got this message with Barcelona as destination.

BTW: they have very nice fares:
BRU-VLC-BRU 27/10 - 30/10: Total Cost of Flight 96.21 EUR (€35 one way)
BRU-BCN-BRU 27/10 - 30/10: Total Cost of Flight 86.21 EUR (€30 one way)

B737229

Post by B737229 »

I went to Barcelona recently and tried to book via VUELING, but there schedule is not very friendly when leaving brussels...

Leave at late afternoon to barcelona , get there in the evening

Come back early mroning from barcelona

In total I would have had to sleep 2 more nights in Barcelona, making the trip more expensive the flying SN, or VEX.

On the other hand I booked a SN flight , operated by IB A320 , but what a poor service they give. In economy class drinks and meals have to be paid for, and personal is very unfriendly.

I am sure the day Vueling changes the schedule from and to Barcelona, they can become the number 1 on this route. Also the marketing of vueling is very good!

Regards,

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

B737229 wrote: On the other hand I booked a SN flight , operated by IB A320 , but what a poor service they give. In economy class drinks and meals have to be paid for, and personal is very unfriendly.
Regards,
Aaah typical Iberia , but it stays one of my fav Airline

Greetings

Airbuske :)

B737229

Post by B737229 »

airbuske wrote: Aaah typical Iberia , but it stays one of my fav Airline

Greetings

Airbuske :)
IB -> The first time and the last time :!: :(

waldova

Post by waldova »

blackhawk wrote:When I tried to perform a booking in november to Valencia (just for fun), I got this message: 'Sorry. There are no available seats between Thu, 04 Nov 04 and Sat, 06 Nov 04. Please choose other dates or destinations.' Does Vueling stop flying to Valencia after October? I also got this message with Barcelona as destination.
I sent Vueling an email a couple of weeks ago to ask the same question. They replied immediatally by telling me it would be possible to buy tickets beyond september starting from august 18.
So since this week it is possible to buy tickets till the end of October with the still the same prices as before: 30€ to Barcelona and 35€ to Valencia.

I already flew with them once to Valencia and it was really a great experience. Friendly crew, brand new airplanes, ... . Really a good service.
I will defenitely fly with them again. Already got two tickets for Valencia with them for september to Valencia.

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Hello waldova, welcom to Luchtzak.

Greetz,

Dave

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

:thumbsup2: :wave:

May I be the first to welcome you to this fine aviation site, which is, Luchtzak, you will find us a very friendly group of people linked with a common interest 'aviation'. I look forward to more posts from you, waldova.

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

:( It seems like I wasn't the first, never mind you can't win them all

waldova

Post by waldova »

Thank you both for welcoming me to luchtzak.

Waldova

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi Waldova,

Welcome to luchtzak!

We all would love to hear about your VLG-experience... feel free to write a trip report!

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

A318

Post by A318 »

B737229 wrote: IB -> The first time and the last time :!: :(
I can only agree with this comment ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

etihad

Post by etihad »

waldova wrote: I already flew with them once to Valencia and it was really a great experience. Friendly crew, brand new airplanes, ... . Really a good service.
I will defenitely fly with them again.
I have also flown with Vueling to Valencia and I can subscribe to what you wrote above.

Vueling is highly recommended, and so is the city of Valencia.

Avro

Post by Avro »

For those who have flown VLG: Is there a possibility to buy some food during the flight ?? I'm just curious whether they are offering this service or not and at which price ;)

BTW Welcome to lUchtzak waldova :)

Greetz
Chris

waldova

Post by waldova »

Thank you for welcoming me at Luchtzak.

Ofcourse it is possible to get food service on the plane. For a sandwich you pay 3 EUR, for a soft drink 2 EUR (33cl, not small cans like Virgin Express). Also you can buy fruit and other types of snacks and drinks at approximately this price.
I tasted the sandwich and I can assure you it was a really good tasting sandwich. And :teach: for the price of the ticket, only 96 EUR to Valencia and 86 EUR to Barcelona, round trip (tax included :banana: ), I don't mind to pay for this service. Even if you know that on Iberia and Swiss you also have to pay for food service!

Next I'm flying to Valencia, next week, I'll try to make a trip report for all those interested.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I think Vueling is happy with the first opponent of Anderlecht : Valencia (14/9). The load factorts around that date will be high, possibly close to 100%.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the additional info. Vueling really seems to be a nice carrier. :)

Chris

waldova

Post by waldova »

I hope the Anderlecht supportors now about Vueling because if you go to a travel agency they don't know about vueling. So they will sell tickets on Iberia instead on Vueling and the supporters will be paying more.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I checked the site of Vueling: its seems VAL-BRU on 15/9 is sold out.