Ryanair CEO latest interview + EK reportage

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

earthman

Re: Ryanair CEO latest interview + EK reportage

Post by earthman »

sean1982 wrote:79 million people would have stayed at home if it wasn't for LCC's? :lol:
Yes, this also means Ryanair is responsible for melting polar bears.

earthman

Post by earthman »

sean1982 wrote:Right so, does that mean LCC have no place for existance? And flying should be left to superior people like yourself?
I think you just lost track of what the discussion was about. Your claim was that 79 million people used Ryanair because it was convenient. I am just saying that they are not convenient, just cheap. And often not even that.

cnc

Post by cnc »

its 79 million pax right? not 79 million people

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Are pax not people?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

earthman wrote:
sean1982 wrote:Right so, does that mean LCC have no place for existance? And flying should be left to superior people like yourself?
I think you just lost track of what the discussion was about. Your claim was that 79 million people used Ryanair because it was convenient. I am just saying that they are not convenient, just cheap. And often not even that.

If they would not be convinient nor cheap, then they wouldn't succeed. Simple. The numbers are 79.3m pax and 596m EURO profit. That's an impressive record for an overpriced inconvenient carrier. Your arguments don't make sense.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

earthman wrote: Your claim was that 79 million people used Ryanair because it was convenient. I am just saying that they are not convenient, just cheap. And often not even that.
And such a convenient and cheap airline as SN carries only 5,7 million passengers : è troppo ingiusto ! :lol:
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

cnc

Post by cnc »

sean1982 wrote:Are pax not people?
yes but you can have 1 person doing 10 flights so he's 10 times counted as pax

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

cnc wrote:
sean1982 wrote:Are pax not people?
yes but you can have 1 person doing 10 flights so he's 10 times counted as pax
True, my bad :lol:

earthman

Post by earthman »

sean1982 wrote: If they would not be convinient nor cheap, then they wouldn't succeed. Simple. The numbers are 79.3m pax and 596m EURO profit. That's an impressive record for an overpriced inconvenient carrier. Your arguments don't make sense.
They are cheap enough to put up with the inconvenience. And of course they make a profit, they are overpriced, after all.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

hahaha, this answer isn't worth the argument anymore :D

*queue the Benny Hill theme*

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

Sean, ask yourself. If SN, AF, LH were offering similar prices as FR, would you still be flying ryanair?

I could again make a comparaison with taxi or bus service.
Which one would you choose if they were similarly priced?

Of course they are not, and that's why people fly ryanair, not because of their superior product or convenient schedule.

Would sensible people choose to do a 7h transit in doha on their way to hong kong if they have the option of a 1h30 transit in zurich or helsinki? Yes if the price is right.

It's all about price/convenience/service

And ryanair's prices beat other airlines' convenience/service

Ps: airazuxtor, of course, the 6pm flight from mad is much more expensive than the one at 6am

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

If all prices would be the same on all airlines, it would depend where I want to go to. A lot of legacy carriers are routing through their hubs while LCC might have lower frequency, on quite a lot of occasions you'll find a direct flight to where you want to go (or in the close vincinity). I have never claimed FR to be superior to anyone else, just saying it's not inferior either.

I also think the "bus vs taxi" doesn't work here. Where a bus is remarkably different then a taxi. An FR B738 is not all that different from a JAF B738. So comfort wise, there is not a very big difference at all.

fcw

Post by fcw »

FlightMate wrote:Sean, ask yourself. If SN, AF, LH were offering similar prices as FR, would you still be flying ryanair?
FlightMate, do you honestly think SN, LH and AF would be offerering tickects at 100-200€ if FR would not be around?