The most loved airports in the world: 1. HKG 4. MUC 7. ZRH

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

The most loved airports in the world: 1. HKG 4. MUC 7. ZRH

Post by sn26567 »

According to the Internet website CNNGo, Hong Kong airport is the best airport of the planet.

Here are the top ten according to CNNGo.com:

1. Hong Kong International, Hong Kong

2. Singapore Changi, Singapore

3. Seoul Incheon, Seoul, Korea

4. Munich Airport, Munich, Germany

5. Ushuaia-Malvinas Argentinas International, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina

6. Tampa International, Tampa, United States

7. Zurich Airport, Zurich, Switzerland

8. Victoria International, Victoria, Canada

9. Montevideo Carrasco, Montevideo, Uruguay

10. Auckland Airport, Auckland, New Zealand

http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/ ... rts-981939
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Re: The most loved airports in the world: 1. HKG 4. MUC 7. Z

Post by regi »

Zurich :shock: ?

It must be that there were no Asian participants in this survey. I have seen several times Asian travellers getting frantic because they didn't understand the system with the underground train.

I would like to change Zurich by Geneva, a little gem. Great food and a fantastic open door terrace with great views over the lake - and reasonable prices for food and drinks - also in €. A lounge that makes you forget you are at an airport.

CRJ 900

Post by CRJ 900 »

Hi,
It's been a few years ago since I went to HKG, but if I remember well I took an underground train to get from the international terminal to the main building. Very similar to ZRH. So at least travelers coming from HKG to ZRH should be familiar with it ;)
Anyway ZRH definitely deserves to be there. In general a very good performing airport and not too big like FRA or AMS. Although I might not be completely neutral as a very regular LX passenger. :)
Another very convenient airport to connect is Helsinki Vantaa airport.
Regarding the worst airports: CDG is right on its spot! Terrible airport. Last time I was there: escalators out of service and elevators overcrowded, coming from the TGV station with a lot of luggage not really fun, on top of that complete chaos at check in due to a bomb alert. A guy from AA standing next to me outside, told me it was a weekly experience there. Since then, no more CDG!
Rgds,
CRJ 900

WC_EEND

Post by WC_EEND »

ZRH does deserve to be on that list. I may have been there only once, but it was a very nice airport in my view. The only real donwside I encountered was the old B-gates used for short-haul non-schengen flights which could use a facelift of sorts.

CRJ 900

Post by CRJ 900 »

Thanks WC_EEND for the support of my favourite airport ;)
I can also reassure you that the B terminal (Schengen and non-Schengen) is getting refitted completely.
The Schengen part is completely ready: I left there last Friday on my flight to BRU.
In the non-Schengen zone you have a brand new Swiss lounge, with a beautiful view on the airport and surrounding hills. It opened last week thursday and therefore not too crowdy yet.
The only minor 'problem' is, that, to get access from the Schengen zone you need to pass the passport control.
It took me less than 1 minute.
Rgds,
CRJ 900

regi

Post by regi »

CRJ 900 wrote: Regarding the worst airports: CDG is right on its spot! Terrible airport. Last time I was there: escalators out of service and elevators overcrowded, coming from the TGV station with a lot of luggage not really fun
Exactly the same experience I had...and many others as well.
We may presume that the airport authority of CDG is probably not reading this ( or other ) forum.

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

regi wrote: We may presume that the airport authority of CDG is probably not reading this ( or other ) forum.
Becasue they probably can't read English? ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

andorra-airport wrote:
regi wrote: We may presume that the airport authority of CDG is probably not reading this ( or other ) forum.
Becasue they probably can't read English? ;)
Aéroports de Paris publishes a Twitter thread in both English and French: @AeroportsParis
André
ex Sabena #26567

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

I was for the first time in HKG this Week-end and I can tell you that it's really the best airport/terminal I have ever seen...the duty free area is huge, and lot of space for everybody.

Also, Hong Kong Island is really a beautiful place, I was lucky, sunny Saturday-Sunday...;-)...

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

Munich definetely deserves being on that list. Every time I was there it was a pleasure. Very quick transferring from the S-bahn terminal to T1 and/or T2. very easy to access, quick airport, never overcrowded, polite people. it's probably the best airport I ever used, but if it's my 'most loved' one?

a typical example of 'deutsche kraftmannschaft', that's for sure, and that's the reason it needs to be on that list...