Codeshare between SN and FQ??

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

SN056M

Codeshare between SN and FQ??

Post by SN056M »

Hi all,
In July i'm flying to RHO for my holliday with FQ.So today i was looking on the brusselsairport site to the arrivals page to see if (since the summer season has started)my flight that i'm going to take arrived on time from RHO today.(just out of curiousity)I didn' find my flightnr,but another FQ flight that returned from RHO.What surprised me was when i clicked on the flight info,it stated a B737 as the aircraft.then i clicked further on the ac model(737) and it gave me a picture of a 737-400 from SN.Now i'm wondering if they have some codeshare for those holiday flights.I realy don't like to sit in these cramped old birds with no seat space at all.I had them already when it was still virgin express...
Marc

sdbelgium

Re: Codeshare between SN and FQ??

Post by sdbelgium »

Yesterday, a TNT 737-300 operated the flight for FQ to Rhodos. There is no such thing as a codeshare between FQ and SN, and SN does not operate any FQ flights under FQ flight number. The 737-400 you saw is just a generic picture, for illustrational purposes.

SN056M

Post by SN056M »

I booked via neckermann and got flightnumbers FQ7348 and FQ7349 to RHO and back.So this should be a A320 then?But why didn't i find FQ 7349 in the arrivals page then?I know i did find FQ7348 to rho the week before in the departures list.
Marc

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Because there are charter flights that only operate in the summer peakperiod, and not during the rest of they year :)

SN056M

Post by SN056M »

sab319 wrote:Because there are charter flights that only operate in the summer peakperiod, and not during the rest of they year :)
I know this is a charter flight..
Thank god it's not going to be that 737.I think there's not enough leg room on these old vex birds,and it's not that i'm that big.
Marc

Airplanefooood

Post by Airplanefooood »

The Virgin Express 737's are indeed not very generous when it comes down to the seat pitch.
The philosophy behind this is to raise the amount of seats inside the cabin.
Easyjet is doing the same on their A319/A320 fleet.

Their aircraft even have two pairs of overwing exits, instead of the standard one pair configuration found on most Airbus A319 aircraft, to satisfy safety requirements.
This due to toilet and galley configuration allowing the installation of more seats than a standard Airbus A319.

More seats = more income (when they're all taken).
That's what it's all about at the low-cost and charter companies.