Car parking in Brussels airport (Zaventem)

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

michaelnewport

Car parking in Brussels airport (Zaventem)

Post by michaelnewport »

the BIAC website seems to be having some problems at the moment, hence my question....

where is the cheapest place to park at Brussels airport (Zaventem)

JOVAN

Re: Car parking in Brussels airport (Zaventem)

Post by JOVAN »

P3 is cheaper for longer than 1 week.
Most Dutch people park there, so there must be a reason..

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

You can park cheaper at he Car Hotel, from where a shuttle will bring you to the airport.

http://www.carhotel.be/

Car Hotel
Brucargo - Gebouw 122
1820 Melsbroek

André
ex Sabena #26567

Captain 747

Post by Captain 747 »

Most Dutch people park there, so there must be a reason..]
Maybe it is because they are a lot more worldwise?, why waste money on parking a car at an airport? parked is parked, maybe you feel better if you pay more for the same end effect :lol:
Last edited by sn26567 on 01 Jul 2010, 08:20, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Corrected BBCode

Stij

Post by Stij »

Captain 747 wrote:
Most Dutch people park there, so there must be a reason..]
Maybe it is because they are a lot more worldwise?, why waste money on parking a car at an airport? parked is parked, maybe you feel better if you pay more for the same end effect :lol:
Well, observing behaviour is also a sign of worldwiseness (Is that English?). ;-)

Cheers mates, 9 more days and I park my car there! And that's because the ^*%^&%$& trains don't run early enough for me to get my eeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaarly morning flight!

Stijn
Last edited by sn26567 on 01 Jul 2010, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected BBCode

quota

Post by quota »

I found this (dutch) website what is cheaper:
http://www.parkingluchthavenzaventem.be

The only problem; its only in dutch... Maybe you can use google site translator?

Succes

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Front Park 3 (the most recent one) has been turned into long term parking since some time now. Front Park 1 (the biggest) and Front Park 2 (the oldest and ugliest) remain short term parkings.

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Conti764 wrote:Front Park 3 (the most recent one) has been turned into long term parking since some time now. Front Park 1 (the biggest) and Front Park 2 (the oldest and ugliest) remain short term parkings.

I know since today ... didn't read the sign when entering today and had to pay 18€ for 1 hour ;)

KatyJhonson99

Post by KatyJhonson99 »

hey; car parking at airport is a hot business;
rates are pretty competitive (almost all the same) ; i wonder you have not find such!

parking at Brussels airport is available in following categories:
*Short-Term Airport Car Parking
*Intermediate Airport Car Parking
*Long-Term Airport Car Parking
*Disabled Airport Car Parking

:o you can ask local administration for such help;; why confused???

alternate link can help you:
http://www.brusselsairport.be/nl/parking_transport/

do some effort :evil: :evil:
I believe: "Never give up" porsche body Kit :Katy Jhonson

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Does anybody know why it is so difficult to find a free parking spot at BRU the last weeks? Now the Airport is growing rapidly are there plans to build a new parking?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Last Sunday, I had no problem finding a place at P1. But it was a Sunday...

Brussels Airport wants to encourage people to use public transportation to come to the airport. If there is a shortage of parking spots, maybe they will understand it's preferable to come by train?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Airport parkings don't make sense beyond 4-5 days.
Most airports have hotels around them, many that offer shuttle services and cheap parking or parking and accommodation arrangements.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote: Brussels Airport wants to encourage people to use public transportation to come to the airport. If there is a shortage of parking spots, maybe they will understand it's preferable to come by train?
There is a STIB busline Luxembourg station-Airport. If the first bus to the airport is early enough, the last one to the city is too early : 22.59 on weekdays, 22.33 on week-end.
To catch it, your flight must be scheduled to land no later than 22.30 (earlier if hold luggage) and be on time ! Later, it's a taxi at night tariff ...
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Stij

Post by Stij »

airazurxtror wrote:
To catch it, your flight must be scheduled to land no later than 22.30 (earlier if hold luggage) and be on time ! Later, it's a taxi at night tariff ...
Or, you take the 00:24 train to the city center... weekdays and weekends...

Cheers,

Stij

b720

Post by b720 »

Too risky taking most (last) flights into BRU if one is relying on public transport. Either an earlier flight, or indeed park at the airport, a delay of 30 or 45 min can mean TAXI or hotel at the airport, add to that the time saved taking walking into the parking, and off one goes rather than waiting for the train or bus.. . I save at least 45 min landing at BRU late sunday eve. when I leave my car at the airport versus train/or Airport Xpress to ANT.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Hi B720,

I've been taking the train (almost) every time since they opened the line to Leuven and I must say I never had problems, apart from 1 late arrival from MUC, which meant a sprint from the plane at the end of the A pier to the train in less than 10min (to find out it was delayed).

I think if you don't do day trips, one can afford the occasional taxi home from the money saved on parking from the previous trips.
Whether it's faster or slower depends on where you have to go (or come from) and how many traffic jams there are. During morning rush hour I (dare to) depart later by train than by car for instance...

Another alternative are the travel agency busses. I use them when travelling for two weeks with the luggage of my wife and two kids. Cheaper and more convenient (however a bit slower)

Cheers,

Stij

teach

Post by teach »

sn26567 wrote:Brussels Airport wants to encourage people to use public transportation to come to the airport. If there is a shortage of parking spots, maybe they will understand it's preferable to come by train?
You don't encourage people to use public transport by not providing enough parking spaces, you encourage them by providing excellent public transport, that is reliable, and runs when and where people need it. Not by basically bullying them onto public transport.

But I suspect it's so hard to find a spot the last few weeks (I experienced it myself two weeks ago: P2 and P3 completely full, with staff stopping people from entering them, and only a few dozen spaces left at the top level of P1) is the airport's rapid growth. I seem to remember from when P3 was built that it was 'phase 1' of the building, with the possibility of expanding it to house another 2,000 cars. Perhaps someone else knows more? Now might be the time for the airport to start dusting off those plans.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Last week I arrived from FIH in the morning and told myself that I will take the train instead of the cab.
Normally I never take the train because I don't wanna pay the tax for the tunnel I don't use.
But ok this time I really wanna try and what happened,there was a problem in the south nort tunnel in Brussels and all the trains had at least 30 minutes delay!
And believe me when I'm in Brlgium I take the train every morning to my work and it was 2 times in one year on time!!!!!( ok it can be 2 minutes to a canceld train but believe me the Belgium railway company is not reliable)
So I went back give my ticket to somebody that was waiting at the desk and took a cab.
On the other hand the time before I came with the car and it took me 15 minutes to find a spot!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Compared to other airports in Europe, car parking is very expensive at BRU and the public transport isn't very convenient, especially not if you are working at one of the office centres which simply aren't served by busses, so what we do at work is we simply have a colleague drop us off. Takes him 20 minutes, no big deal.
Upon arrival, I take a taxi, but I already noticed quite a few times not all taxi drivers want to take me, because the ride is just too short (and thus the pay not enough), especially if the queue of taxis is too long.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Inquirer wrote:Upon arrival, I take a taxi, but I already noticed quite a few times not all taxi drivers want to take me, because the ride is just too short (and thus the pay not enough), especially if the queue of taxis is too long.
Get into the taxi, let the driver start and then tell him your destination!
André
ex Sabena #26567