United Airlines equipment at BRU

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Airplanefooood

United Airlines equipment at BRU

Post by Airplanefooood »

We already knew UA had signed an order for 25 Airbusses A350.
Now UA signed an order for 25 Dreamliners and has taken an option on another 50 of those.
The first Dreamliner should be delivered early in 2016.
These aircraft are going to replace the current long-haul fleet.
Any ideas which type would replace the 763 that operates BRU?

Mavke

Re: United Airlines equipment at BRU

Post by Mavke »

Hellow ,

we can expect it wil be a 787 as they wil replace the B767's
they wil use the A350 as a B777 replacement.

but now that the crisis is over and pax traffic wil go up agian by the years , i hope the start using B777's to brussels
This can result in A350's
if the B767 is big enough for this flight to Brussels in 2016 then we can expect B787's

Mavke

taz001

Post by taz001 »

Mavke wrote:
but now that the crisis is over and pax traffic wil go up agian by the years , i hope the start using B777's to brussels
United will fly a T7 to IAD again this winter (October 31st).

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,
taz001 wrote:United will fly a T7 to IAD again this winter (October 31st).
But not via LHR ??

Tried to make a booking for UNITED B777 for next winterseason but no flights to LHR :( !
Last season they did fly it around 600am ( remember topic), not next season?

Or will it do fly that way but isn't it yet in the booking engine?

Anyone info on this?

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

taz001

Post by taz001 »

cathay belgium wrote:Hi,
But not via LHR ??

Tried to make a booking for UNITED B777 for next winterseason but no flights to LHR :( !
The LHR flight is not there because they want to connect LHR and BRU, but is purely a matter of slots at LHR. They would fly their T7 empty if needed between BRU and LHR. Every passenger on this route is a 'bonus'. So, if UA needs to secure a slot at LHR again, we might see an UA aircraft (couple of years ago they had a 767-300 flying between BRU and LHR) this winter again.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Indeed, not via LHR. These were slot keepers, but they will increase the number of flights US-LHR again next, so these flights are no longer needed. The flight that will get the T7, will be UA950 IAD-BRU. UA972 ORD-BRU will remain B763.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

cathay belgium wrote:Hi,
But not via LHR ??

Anyone info on this?

CX-B
UA will not fly next season via LHR to BRU. The two daily flights will be direct flights and on IAD they will indeed upgrade it to T7.

The reason why we saw UA and AA flying via LHR to BRU was due to maintain their slots at LHR. Because of BRU is the nearest airport to Great Britain we saw these extra flights.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

cathay belgium wrote:
But not via LHR ??

Anyone info on this?

CX-B
Not for the moment no, the BRU-LHR flights were so called slot keeping flights so they wouldn't lose unused but precious slots.

If the frequentie to LHR decreases this winter and UA want to keep the slots active you can expect again such flights. But this is always a late decission only made just before the season starts.

Anyway,

BRU-IAD (UA950/1) will get the Boeing 777 back after the summerseason, maybe even one of the updated ones if they are able to roll out enough updates before the start of the W10 season.

BRU-ORD (UA972/3) will remain a Boeing 767 untill further notice.

Regarding the replacement aircrafts ordered... I expect to see 777 operations the year round on both UA routes within a year or so, maybe a bit later on the ORD route. I think we are going to see the 777's for a while before other equipment will be used, unless they add frequency in the next couple of years between BRU & IAD I think we can maybe even see the 747 in BRU when the first 787's will be delivered to UA.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Watch out with saying that UA will replace only 777's by the A350. The A350's will also replace the B744's and even earlier than the 777's if they decide not to order the B748. And for the moment they are far from sure that they will order B748i's or A380's and if that's the case the first A350's will replace the 744's before the 777's.
The B788's will indeed replace the B767's.

About the LHR flights, I think it's clear now with everyone telling the same story again and again. :P
About the IAD/ORD-BRU flights. The fact that they will upgrade again IAD-BRU is not a suprise to me, thank's to SN they got a lot of extra connection pax and the flights already performed good before the codeshare. And about the ORD-BRU flight, I think we can expect also an upgrade on that route in the comming years as the flights are now already very full (first flight 93% LF and it seems continuing like that).

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Airplanefooood wrote:We already knew UA had signed an order for 25 Airbusses A350.
Now UA signed an order for 25 Dreamliners and has taken an option on another 50 of those.
The first Dreamliner should be delivered early in 2016.
These aircraft are going to replace the current long-haul fleet.
Any ideas which type would replace the 763 that operates BRU?
6 years is a very long time in aviation, we don't know what might happen to Brussels Airport or any of its users by then. By then they even might use the economical 787 to operate west coast to Brussels... And by then both current flights might be permanently upgraded to T7's...

It's just impossible to predict what anybody will do by then...

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Bralo20 wrote:unless they add frequency in the next couple of years between BRU & IAD I think we can maybe even see the 747 in BRU when the first 787's will be delivered to UA.
Does UA even operate 747's out of IAD? Anyway, I don't think we should let our hopes get up high about a 747 at Brussels, especially not from the US. Maybe the occasional visitor (like RAM did some years ago), but that'll be probably it...

The only option I see to have a permanent 747 operation at BRU, is with SN to Africa. Either a combi version or even a full pax version.

Accept those, I do not see any market, anywhere in the world, where a jumbo to Brussels is sustainable. UA would either go double daily if necessary, offering passengers more flexibility between Brussels and the US.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Thanks for your answers ( all of them ).
Feeling stupid now as I was the only one who didn't know these flight wasn't
guaranteed for next winterseason :lol: !
I should have done the flight this year :( !
Think it will lasts another 2/3 years before I can add the B777 on my list!
( or Biman should return to BRU with cheap 777 tickets,isn't it Regi ;) )

So, fingers crossed to decrease of flights then, with economy booming slightly
it won't be easy to gain the flight back I suppose.

Thus, also no 747 at BRU, still nothing,no Singapore B747Megatop in the future ?
No B747 for SN to JNB or so.. ( with these replaced from LH in the near future..).
Looks BRU and Brussels is growing good but with less spectacular aircraft.
(A319-A330-E195? )

Still even looks that the 747 is almost history in whole europe except from BA/LH ?
How many years from now will it lasts before we only see it flying in Asia (or AFI? )

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

cathay belgium wrote: Thus, also no 747 at BRU, still nothing,no Singapore B747Megatop in the future ?
No B747 for SN to JNB or so.. ( with these replaced from LH in the near future..).
Looks BRU and Brussels is growing good but with less spectacular aircraft.
(A319-A330-E195? )
If SQ will ever return to Brussels, it won't be flying anything bigger then 77W. Maybe a 787 (they have 20 -800's on order), a 777-200ER or an A333 to start with (depending on when they would restart Brussels and availability of equipment).

747's for SN would only be a good option to fly into some selected African destinations in the future, preferably with combi's, but given the fact no-one seems to be interested in a 747-8i(M) I highly doubt we'll ever see such version. LH has four or five 744 combi's, but they are already very old so I guess those aren't an option for the future neither. Last chance to see a jumbo at BRU will be if SN performs exceptionally well on Africa where a few 747's would be viable. But then I guess we'd see some younger LH 744's in stead of brand new 748i's.

I guess the widebody future for BRU will be a mix of Boeing 767, 777, 787 and Airbusses A330, A340 and some A350. Maybe an occasional jumbo visitor (RAM)...
Still even looks that the 747 is almost history in whole europe except from BA/LH ?
How many years from now will it lasts before we only see it flying in Asia (or AFI? )

CX-B
And Air France off course...
Although many airlines are replacing their 747's with 77W's or upgrading to A380, I think there is still some future for the Queen of the Skies. And although the 748i knows a slow start, there will come more orders in the future, since there is still a demand for a 747-plane, albeit smaller then the previous decades where the 747 ruled the skies and wass the most iconic plane of its age.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Conti764 wrote:
Does UA even operate 747's out of IAD? Anyway, I don't think we should let our hopes get up high about a 747 at Brussels, especially not from the US. Maybe the occasional visitor (like RAM did some years ago), but that'll be probably it...
UA operates the 744 to Europe on the following routes:

SFO-FRA
ORD-FRA

And occasionally on other routes, but most have multiple rotations instead ;)