BRU-BUD booked on MA, flying on SN: which class?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

chrisflyer

BRU-BUD booked on MA, flying on SN: which class?

Post by chrisflyer »

Dear all,

We are flying BRU-BUD this Friday and BUD-BRU Sunday. Booking was through MA but the flight will be operated by SN. Given the fare code is NEST3, which class will we be put in, B.Light or B.Flex? When booking economy on LOT for an SN-operated flight I usually get put in Flex.

Thanks,

Chris

BrightCedars

Re: BRU-BUD booked on MA, flying on SN: which class?

Post by BrightCedars »

My personal experience is that you fly in B.Flex if booked in economy on MA, but that is on multiple legged flights (e.g. BRU-BUD-BEY and back).

Coppelia

Post by Coppelia »

Yesterday on my flight from ATH to BRU, I had a pax who had booked a flight with Aegean. Outbound flight was done by Aegean, with complementary meal on board for economy pax, but inbound was done by SN, and she was in B-Light, and quite angry, which I could understand, as she had to pay for food and drinks.

So, I don't know how codesharing are being managed...
Tame birds have only longings. Wild birds fly

chrisflyer

Post by chrisflyer »

All,

FYI - I checked in online and it is b.flex.

Best wishes,

Chris

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

My experience, mainly with LH & SN between Germany and Belgium is: it depends on your booking class. So if I book a very cheap, non changable LH-ticket for an SN operated flight, I do end up in b.light. If I have a fully-flexible eco-ticket, I am in b.flex.

It is logical, but still very annoying for most people who do not fly so often, have no idea about the fact that there is not just "economy", but that there are different booking classes or the same service (!) with Lufthansa operated flights - which makes usually no problem for them as long as they do not want to rebook, but that this will mean different service for a code-share SN operated flight. I had quite some angry pax next to me as well recently.

On the FRA-BRU route SN even stopped offering food or drinks at all in b.light some weeks ago (probably the flight is too short to serve business and b.flex pax and sell anything in b.light). But this is not well received by pax who are used to get at least a free drink with LH (including beer, wine, sparkling wine, ...) and a small snack (peanuts or a bsicuit or something.

Yesterday morning however they served a free still water for all b.light pax on the FRA-BRU flight, but nothing else. All a bit confusing for the average pax I guess.
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

regi

Post by regi »

just did Geneva with SNBA , also booked in economy and placed in B-light, so no free drink or meal. No big deal, just 1 hour flight. But I will remember it:

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers.
:shock:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Winn ... _Winnfield