US immigration in Europe

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

SN_fan

US immigration in Europe

Post by SN_fan »

Does anyone knows how it happened that in Dublin there is US immigration so that you don't have to pass immigration in the US? Does it requires a specific number of flights and political will ? If we could have it in BRU it could attract more flights to the USA ?

Conti764

Re: US immigration in Europe

Post by Conti764 »

SN_fan wrote:Does anyone knows how it happened that in Dublin there is US immigration so that you don't have to pass immigration in the US? Does it requires a specific number of flights and political will ? If we could have it in BRU it could attract more flights to the USA ?
I don't know for sure, but maybe it has something to do with the large Irish community living in the USA? It might make it worth for the US immigration to sent a unit abroad.

Stij

Post by Stij »

I don't know, but wouldn't there be more demand from Heathrow then say... Shannon where I've seen these facilities as well.

The principle itself is not unique in the world: when you fly from Montevideo to Buenos Aires Newbery and vice versa, you clear immigration before departure as well.

Also when you travel on Eurostar, you clear immigration before departure.

Cheers,

Stij

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Given to learn of American involvement, guys, we should just wait and watch till they reach our shores and set up an immigration counter at our airports to fend their screenings :D
Aum Sweet Aum.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

With the amount of PAX flights to the USA from BRU I find it very unlikely this will happen...

AFAIK only JFK/EWR, IAD, PHL, ORD and ATL are served from BRU. No reason to make a US immigration point in BRU... Although I would like the idea ;)