Brussels Airlines' loadfactor

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

Brussels Airlines' loadfactor

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Brussels Airlines verliest marktaandeel

http://www.tijd.be/nieuws/ondernemingen ... 46-431.art

epsilon

Re: Brussels Airlines' loadfactor

Post by epsilon »

http://www.tijd.be/nieuws/ondernemingen ... 19-431.art

Brussels Airlines heeft vorig jaar een verlies van 12,2 miljoen euro gemaakt en kondigt verdere besparingsmaatregelen aan.

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

At the moment it's going very bad with Bru.Air.
Load factors on Europe are very low. They never been high but now they are really low. But the worst thing is that they start feeling the crisis on Africa flights too.
Flights to Kinshasa (the moneymaker) with around 60 pax are, unfortunately, no exception anymore. Most of the Africa flights are leaving with around 120pax.
Bru.Air is thinking about putting the flight crews on 80%.
Let's hope Lufthansa will put money in Bru.Air soon.

flip330

Post by flip330 »

FlyA330 wrote:At the moment it's going very bad with Bru.Air.
How do you know it's going very bad with B.air? Are you perhaps one of the managing directors?
Load factors on Europe are very low. They never been high but now they are really low. But the worst thing is that they start feeling the crisis on Africa flights too.
Flights to Kinshasa (the moneymaker) with around 60 pax are, unfortunately, no exception anymore. Most of the Africa flights are leaving with around 120pax.
How can YOU know the exact figures of B.air's flights?
Bru.Air is thinking about putting the flight crews on 80%.
May I ask you your source of information please?
Let's hope Lufthansa will put money in Bru.Air soon.
Aren't we a bit over-acting?

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

flip330 wrote: Aren't we a bit over-acting?
Indeed... It is crisis, we all know that, but please, stop the constant negativism! Let's just wait and see what will happen.
June 10th is a very important day (EU ruling on the LH-SN deal), lets first wait what they have to say. ;)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi everybody.
I just came back from FIH with a full house.
Regards
Patrice
Hasta la victoria siempre.

brussels airlines

Post by brussels airlines »

Fact is that the economical crise will also have influence on the African network.

In Africa the 'Business' destinations like Kinhsasa will suffer from it. For example: the mining sector in Congo is completly lame.

But Brussels Airlines is offering more than just Business destinations in Africa, like Dakar. Those destinations will keep doing well.

The thing is that everything in Africa is going slower than in Europe, so also the influence of the economical crise.

Plans for the future are offering less capacity, by at least grounding a B737. Other options are downgrading the frequencies on European and African destinations.

And last but not least, in the end, it's not important how many pax we take on board, it's important that our revenue keeps doing well and that we are profitable. But for 2009, it will be very difficult.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

In my opinion, reducing frequencies on business destinations is not a good idea. Business travelers want to fly when their business needs them to fly, not when an airline would like them to fly. Airlines with high frequencies will be the ones which will attract business travelers, i.e. high revenue pax.
In favor of quality air travel.

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

How can YOU know the exact figures of B.air's flights?
Flightcrew and ground personnel. People who are on the first line.
May I ask you your source of information please?
A manager. And if you are working for Bru.Air, you would know about the 80%

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Transporting pax is one thing but they take also a lot of cargo to/from Africa and that's also a moneymaker.

When we talk about cargo they "don't" feel the crisis in Africa and to proof that we see an increase in the direct full freighter to/from Africa. I'm wondering how long Cargo B will wait to fly again cargo flights to Africa when they will receive their second B744F.

NCB

Post by NCB »

Is the African freight market immune to the heavier crisis hitting the freight market?

My understanding was that the only freight market still holding together is Asia....

Anyway, the LF's at SN don't look healthy.
When flying at close to 50%, even at high yields, an operation can not be profitable.

June is just 2 months away, and still no news about the SN/LH tie-up...
I hope it turns out ok for SN, they have some skilled people who despite the hard environment manage to maintain small profits/limited losses.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I think b-air' s African network is again/still a good money maker. From this winter season they will fly 7 times a week to Dakar (1 extra flight) and 3 times a week to Banjul (also 1 extra flight). Also the Vilnius route get extra flights, from this winter they will fly 6 times a week with a A319 and Copenhagen wil get a extra daily flight on weekdays, so 5 daily flights to Copenhagen on weekdays, 1 saterday flight and 3 flights on sunday.
Last edited by RoMax on 20 Aug 2009, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Yep,

And they will continue to serve Sevilla during winter time ...

Danny

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Yes indeed, and they will keep the same amount of flights like this summer. So that is a good sign because Sevilla is more a summer destination. And their loadfactor in June was 63.5%, I think that is the best loadfactor since a long time for SN. I am curious about July