05/10/2008 - Openbedrijvendag - CAE AVIATION TRAINING

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Yaroslav

Re: 2008 10 05 - Openbedrijvendag - CAE AVIATION TRAINING

Post by Yaroslav »

Too bad I have to work... Anyway, thanks for notifying us!
Malyshev Yaroslav
"Avec l'avion, nous avons appris la ligne droite" - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Hi,

I noticed as well a couple of weeks ago that CAE would participate. Today I decided to visit their facilities in BRU.

It was quite a nice visit. Fortunately there weren't too many people around during my (brief) visit. It was interesting to see the class rooms, cockpit layout training tools, cockpit procedure trainers and of course the 7 full motion simulators. They also had a couple of videos running, explaining the way a full motion simulator works, how MCC training is performed,etc.

Too bad the queue for the 737-800 full motion simulator was rather long. I decided not to go and stand in line.

They also had a small contest, where you had to fill in the answer to a couple of questions. The winner(s) will get a 2 hour ride in one of their full motion simulators. I'll cross my fingers ;-)

Greets,
Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

It was covered on VRT radio news too. I seemed to understand CAE actually produces simulators, which was a bit of a surprise, but can't find a trace of that when relistening. Ah, it's no pleasure to grow old...

Cash

Post by Cash »

Apuneger wrote:
Too bad the queue for the 737-800 full motion simulator was rather long. I decided not to go and stand in line.
I was in the line, for some reason, nobody and I really mean nobody wanted to check out the A300 sim.
There where about 50 persons in front of me, and they where shouting that there were places for the A300, nobody went, so I went in, eventually 4 others followed me. Only had to wait about 5 minutes in line :D
Got to do an ILS approach on 25L.

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

jan_olieslagers wrote:It was covered on VRT radio news too. I seemed to understand CAE actually produces simulators, which was a bit of a surprise, but can't find a trace of that when relistening. Ah, it's no pleasure to grow old...
I think that FlightSafety produced at least one of their full motion simulators. I'm not sure however if they constructed all of CAE's full motion sims at BRU.

Damn, should have checked out the A300 sim too then. Oh well, maybe another day then ;-)

Greets,
Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr