Free flights

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

wigglybob

Free flights

Post by wigglybob »

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way that I can get close to free airline tickets. Will I get a cheap ticket if I go to the check in counter just before it closes for a flight that has alot of empty seats? Any suggestions are good because I am looking at traveling around the world without alot of money

Buzz

Re: Free flights

Post by Buzz »

Ryanair.com, they're giving away 2 million absolutely free flights today...

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Wigglybob,

wish you a lot of luck with your travelling, but just one thought : there is no such thing as a free meal.
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

744rules wrote:Wigglybob,

wish you a lot of luck with your travelling, but just one thought : there is no such thing as a free meal.
There is, if you hurry and book the FR offer. You'll have to travel on weekdays, and to places like Wroclaw or Shannon, but you'll get there for € 0,02 all-in. I've done EIN-STN that way last time, so it really works...

danieln

Post by danieln »

For € 0,02? Strange, as I have the impression that there is no possibility of avoiding the € 10 charge for using a credit card. (Although Ryanair's advertisemnet says that there are "no hidden charges or taxes")

Is there a way to avoid this booking fee?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

It's a credit card fee, avoidable if you have a "Visa Electron", whose fee is nil.
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

hey,

I don't think your way will work out right nowadays :cry: ,try to get a press-card for air politics
(AIR Decrem / SN DEGUCHT/... ) but i wish you all the luck,and if It works .. LET US KNOW ! :o
I heard that KLM once ,a few years ago,not gave free tickets away but sold them on very cheap prices
for plane-enthousiasts so that they have also the opportunity to fly with 747/777/340/330/MD11/...
to the USA !
But as I heard these were always return tickets with only 1 day at the place...
AND I never heard of this thing was really true... ( does anybody knows this ????? )
Maybe this could be a new nice allday topic... how to fly cheap...
because we all like to fly but I think the most of the people don't have the money to fly a lot...
tickets OKAY but hotels,overnights,work combinated with our family-lives... yeah that is mine
situation and for a lot of this forum also...
So If anyone can help this guy, I think there are a lot others interested in this topic,..
we're jealeous when we read : were will you fly in... , I think a lot of us just can fill in 2 holiday flights a year with remark 737/320... like all the others. ( we like also 747/777/340/330/MD11/DC10/and Caravelle with domestic flights in Ghana!! :? )
Airshows, airport exhibitions? , last farewell flights ( such as SN'S 747-300 few years ago ! ) Let us know!
Give all of us your information !
Greetings, CX-B :P
New types flown 2022.. A339

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

danieln wrote:For € 0,02? Strange, as I have the impression that there is no possibility of avoiding the € 10 charge for using a credit card. (Although Ryanair's advertisemnet says that there are "no hidden charges or taxes")

Is there a way to avoid this booking fee?
Indeed, I just noticed myself that the do charge a credit card fee. Last time they did not. A bit of false advertising on FR's part...

danieln

Post by danieln »

So the only way to avoid the credit card fee seems to be a payment with a Visa Electron card. Does anybody know where to get such a card in Belgium?

regi

Post by regi »

same joke with Easyjet and that strange Electron card.

But I flew SNBA to Tempelhof for 1 euro . Taxes not included of course.

In the old days , you could fly in some communist countries for the price of a sandwich. Untill they applied double standards e.g. for Vietnamese, for Viet Keu ( original Vietnamese living abroad) and for plain foreigners. This meant that at the beginning that Vietnam opened for tourism you could theoretically get a ticket Hanoi -HCM for , let's say, 20 US$. But those days have long gone.

In the days that Airasia flew BKK-Khorat ( Nakorn Rachasima) you could get a ticket for 1 baht. But the trip from the airport to the city costed much more than the airfare.
Before the huge price increases, you could fly by Airasia easely for < 10 US$ to many national destinations.
I remember that the total price BKK-Phuket go/return for 4 people costed me once 1,850 baht. Now it would cost more for 1 person go alone.

In the old soviet time there were humerous stories of people from Moscow who went to buy a bag of potatoes in the Ukrain. But again , forget it now.