Thai and Singapore probably in near future back @BRU!!

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

SabenaForever

Thai and Singapore probably in near future back @BRU!!

Post by SabenaForever »

Wel yesterday 11 feb I had the chanche to watch the tower inside @BRU, I talk with some trafficcontrollers and I was suprised when they say that Thai and Singapore not left BRU because of the low capacity, these flights where nearly full! Singapore left BRU because of the SARS-virus and will come back for the end of the year! Thai left BRU because they joined the Star Alliance group so Lufthansa forbidded Thai to serve BRU! But now they say that Thai is talking with BIAC to serve BRU again in the near future!

This would be fantastic for BRU and for Spotting!

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

Great news, hope they don't wait til the end off the year :lol:

Comet

Post by Comet »

I hope they'll be here in September, I would love to get some of the big types on video. Last year I just missed a SQ 747-400 because I had packed my video away and we were on our way back to the station when it came in to land. I hope I am not as unlucky this year.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I would seriously doubt this...

SQC is concentrating its operations into BRU, maybe we will see an increase in cargo flights (they will almost abandonn MUC in favour of BRU)

TG has already expressed their interest several times to restart BRU (via a Swiss destination, GVA or ZRH). The problem of TG is 1) a fleet shortage now that UA refused to sell their B744's to TG and 2) the big pressure of LH towards TG (LH would lose quite some revenues when pax would go on TG to BKK + go via BKK to several other destinations).

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:the big pressure of LH towards TG (LH would lose quite some revenues when pax would go on TG to BKK + go via BKK to several other destinations).
What a brotherly love in that alliance :o

When I flew to Thailand via FRA, I used LH only between BRU and FRA (I don't think LH got the 698 € that I pay when I fly that sector point to point), and TG on FRA-BKK-PKT-BKK-FRA. Hence, it would not have made a big difference if TG had flown directly into BRU.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

That would be great news if that would happen! So let's hope for the best: a early return of these carriers at BRU!

I'm crossing my fingers!

Pieter

Jense

Re: Thai and Singapore probably in near future back @BRU!!

Post by Jense »

SabenaForever wrote:Wel yesterday 11 feb I had the chanche to watch the tower inside @BRU
:offtopic: :
You've been in wich tower exactly? That one on 25R or in the old (near Pier C)?
I've been in the old, in December 2003...

On-topic now;
It would be great to see more SQ's coming in to BRU... About TG: I didn't even know that they've been here... :? :?

greettzzz

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Wel I've been in the Tower near runway 25L (old pier C), Thai left BRU somewhere in the beginning when the Star Allicance was started!

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

WOOHOO Great news, I'll keep my finger crossed ! And hope they will come to BRU soon.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

SilverJET wrote:WOOHOO Great news, I'll keep my finger crossed ! And hope they will come to BRU soon.
I will remain sceptic on this... I must see that official press-release first ;-)

Avro

Post by Avro »

I will only believe this when the decision will be taken . Anyway I hope it's true :!: :lol: That would finally be a good news for EBBR.

Chris