My Cabin Crew Training

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

My Cabin Crew Training

Post by sean1982 »

Hey Guys,

As I said I'm goign to keep you updated an my RYR Cabin Crew Adventure. My base for the first 3 months will be Glasgow-Prestwick, after that I can apply for Charleroi (If it still excists by then ;o) ) The course will start at CAE amsterdam on the 9th of february and will contain the following topics.

Customer Service;(4 days)
*rosters, sheets, briefings, sign-in papers
*Inflight service: Service flow
*Inflight magazine
*Customers Service
*Boarding procedures
*Paperwork
*Currency's

Flight safety training:(9 days)
*wett drill
*CRM
*first aid
*dangerous goods

B737-800 conversion training (8 days)
*doors and slides
*emergency procedures
*galley
*smoke and fire protection
*evacuation training
*pilot incapicitation training (whatever that may be ? )
*aicraft visit

B737-200 difference training (1day)
*doors and slides

* 2 training flights

So this is it for the time being. I'll keep you updates as soon as I know more.

Greetings,
Sean

Comet

Post by Comet »

That all sounds very interesting - but what is there to learn about the inflight magazine :?: It just seems a strange addition to the training course curriculum!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Jense

Post by Jense »

Héhé, nice! :D
I dream to become a FA... You're so lucky!!! :D :D
I hope you will be it!!!
Best of luck,

greettzzz

JetB

Post by JetB »

Good for you Sean,

I have friends in Glasgow and I just love that place, maybe you whant to stay after those 3 months.

Based in Prestwick they should give you a Scottish language course :wink:

vflies

Post by vflies »

Way to go Sean!
We'll all be following you!

Maybe you could post pictures of your training to luchtzak? That would be a welcome addition ;-)

Btw 'pilot incapacitation' is what the FA's have to do if one of the pilot is no longer able to fly (remove him from commands, apply first aid procedures, help remaining pilot with check lists...)

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

VFlies

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for keeping us updated Sean. I wish you all the best :)

Chris
8)

C-117

Post by C-117 »

Good on ya! Keep us informed about your progress (and personal comments?). Also, the pics are a good idea (tks vflies!)

C-117

JetB

Post by JetB »

I like to say something to Jense (sorry Sean don't hate me for this one!)

Becoming a Ryanair flight attendant doesn't have to be a dream, its just a matter of paying the price they charge you.

But nevertheless I know it will be a difficult year for Ryanair, especially for there hard working employees.
And lets hope there is a solution for the Stansted Buzz unit, it would be crazy that they are sent home wile new recruits are hired :cry:

OO-SBZ

Re: My Cabin Crew Training

Post by OO-SBZ »

Thanks for the report Sean and I wish you all the best with Ryanair :)
sean1982 wrote:*Customers Service
It looks like some of their f/a did play truant when this was discussed :wink:

Best regards

BeN :!:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Ok guys,

This is my first update at the end of my first week of training. First of all I would like to state that I can not publish photos as this is against safety regulations. Nor can I say anything about the standard operation prodedures or emergency procedures carried out by RYR. Sorry

OK, this week was totally about service and customer service. Yes we DO learn about. Actually it's a BIG issue for RYR, they want to become no 1 for customer service as well. It is a No Frills airline, so adding "frills" is no option as this would increase ticket prices. So we learn to be friendly, and smile a lot, whole day long. I promise you, if every member of cabin crew did that we would defenitly be the best airline to fly with. It's a pity really that some of you had a problem with that. On the other hand, there are LOTS of safety measures to be followed and passengers lust obey them at all times. That includes that as cabin crew we sometimes must be strict to them. And you can't be good to everyone really.

Then we had also selling techniques as this is good for our money as crew :)

We did boarding as with ryanair one of the cabin crew has to board the flight.

Than we did paperwork, and you wouldn't believe how much papers there are involved in a simple flight. hundreds of them.

And then we also did currencies and exchange rates.

Next week we're going to do initial flight training. So we're not going to talk about boeings yet. about emergencies in general.

I'll keep you updated as there is much more to tell about that!!

cheers,
Sean

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the very informative update Sean. I'm glad you like your training, and I'm sure you'll be a great FA.

Ciao
Chris
8)

A318

Post by A318 »

Sean, nice to hear you have a very informative week.
Too bad you are not allowed to publish any photo's.
I wonder, you do learn to be friendly and smile a lot but, what is happening after the training and the CA's start to do the job for real, since it looks like most of them forgot that smile?

Good luck next week and enjoy your courses!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

honeyx1983x

ryanair recruitment expenses

Post by honeyx1983x »

Hi all,
Well I have been invited to a stanted for one days training. it will cost £65 for the regristration fee and then £50 for the medical.
Also i will need o ay £30 for a flight there and back.
This means the interview will cost me £150 (roughly)
I f i get accepted then there is a further £1500 to pay for the training package and on top of that expenses for a two week stay in london to do the training. All in all it comes over £2000.
Now this has put me off! I really would liek to work for them but its a big chance to take.Can anyone give me advice or has anyone done the training course? e-mail me.
Kind Regards all!

upperclass

Post by upperclass »

i think it is still strange that companies charge you for being their employee... it s against all logic... I remember SABENA who charged new entries as well... 110000 BEF (+- €3000) And then new cabin crew received a cabin crew degree... no other company would accept a FA from another company if he/she doesn't meet their safety and costumer care standards... this means a new course anyway...

In my opinion it is cheap to earn money on new recrutes...

:(

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OK, part two of my training,

This week was initial safety training. That means that we are not talking about types of aircraft yet, but just about aircraft safety in general.

Monday covered smoke and fire were we studied the drills that ryanair uses when there's fire on board. Everyone has his special task doing so and it's quiet complicated actually. It is one of the most dangerous situations you can have on board though.

Tuesday and wednesday was about first aid. It covered EVERY disease you can get on board. From simple air sickness to emergency birth 8O
Difficult to study because we have to know every symptom and every treatment. MADNESS :D

Thursday was about SOP's or standard operating procedures about which I can't say to much because it's secret. Sorry guys :)

and then today was survival. Desert, sea, artic and jungle were covered. We also did the pool training today. We did excercises like retrieving life jackets and putting them on while in the water. We had fun though.

In two weeks we go into the KLM cabin simulator and I am allowed to take pictures there. So that should be intresting as we are going to simulate turbulence and a crash landing.

And also what I want to say is that when you work for ryanair you also get staff travel fares on : Virgin ATlantic, BMI, Singapore airlines, Malaysian airlines and continental airlines. So I pretty got the whole world covered :D

Cheers guys,
till next week

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Thanks for your updates Sean!

I wish you all the best ! !

Regards

BeN :idea:

A318

Post by A318 »

And also what I want to say is that when you work for ryanair you also get staff travel fares on : Virgin ATlantic, BMI, Singapore airlines, Malaysian airlines and continental airlines. So I pretty got the whole world covered
Since when are full carriers offering standby tickets to employees of lcc's????
Are you sure there is no catch?
Nice to see you enjoy your training, as myself receiving a lot of new things also now, meteo, crew planning, aircraft planning, dead heat, jumpen etc etc. As far as I know now I will make lots of jump flights during stayments in Spain, this is going to be excited :)

Greetings,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for that nice insider view of F/A training.
sean1982 wrote:and then today was survival. Desert, sea, artic and jungle were covered.
I didn't know Ryanair intended to fly to the Arctic, the desert and the jungle. Long-haul flights in the future then? :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

C-117

Post by C-117 »

I/we appreciate the updates & hope you will continue them. Any personal insights into how training is being conducted by the staff (attitude, interest in you - especially as a paying student!) might be a useful addition to your readers. In any case, we all look forward to the next update. Cheers!

vflies

Post by vflies »

Very interesting indeed!

Thank you, Sean!

VFlies