Ryanair is Great !

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

JetB

Ryanair is Great !

Post by JetB »

Here is a Nowegain report for you;

Ryanair employees maintain that Ryanair’s low price concept does not attend to safety in a proper manner.

The cheap tickets come as a result of cynical business ethics and dirty tricks.

The company makes the most of its employees, says former Ryanair pilot Petter Helland.

Also public authorities worry, Ryanair “cut bends” in order to save money, ascertains a report from the British Civil Aviation Company (CAA).

Ryanair is one of the most successful air companies. Ryanair has enormous profits, and is now considered to be the third most valuable air company in the world.

Ryanair expands, and offers more and more flights to more and more destinations. But why and how do they earn this money? Former Ryanair employees strongly criticise the conditions “behind the curtain”.

The corporate management has an unofficial system in order to get rid of troublesome employees. If you have too much fuel after landing, or do anything else “wrong”, you will get a mark. When you have got too many, they fire you, says Petter Helland. He was a Ryanair pilot for 6 months, up to last spring. Then he quit, and he will never set foot again in a Ryanair plane.

"I have seen and experienced too much. I advise everybody against flying with Ryanair, he says".

Shortcuts ; In Ryanair the ratio of efficiency shall be great. The ground stops are only 25 minutes. Moreover, in Ryanair it is the cabin crew that is in charge of the boarding, while the pilots check the plane’s technical condition. In other companies there is a specialized crew for this kind of work.

Ryanair-pilots sit in their cockpit for up to 11 hours without a break. Before you can say Jack Robinson, new passengers have taken their seats, tells the Norwegian pilot Tore Eikenes in Ryanair.

Ryanair is being criticised from many quarters.

Flight control officers report about planes flying to fast, especially during take-down and in uncontrolled airspace, says deputy chairman of British Flight Control Officers Association, Mr. John Levesley to the Consumer Report.

Breaks the rules

The consumer authorities receive many complaints over Ryanair. Because Ryanair is an Irish company, passengers who want to file complaints against Ryanair, will have to address their complaint to Irish consumer authorities. Nine out of ten complaints which the Irish consumer authorities receive from the rest of Europe, are against Ryanair.

The complaints are about delayed planes, cancelled flights, missing luggage and problems in connection with booking flights on the net, tells executive officer Susan Reilly.

Legal officer Mr. Jon Andreas Lange of the Norwegian Consumer Council’s Legal Section has examined Ryanair’s travel terms. He concludes that several of the clauses break the international rules.

Among other things, Ryanair denies all liability for passengers who miss their plane for further destinations because of delays. This is in defiance of the Warsaw convention, says Mr. Lange.

He also points out another clause of the terms, viz. that the departure time stipulated on the tickets or in the time table are not guaranteed..

In reality this means that no time is agreed between Ryanair and the passengers, and that the planes are never delayed. This is unreasonable!

Ryanair's publicity manager Mr. Paul Fitzsimmons turns down all accusations and says that on a general basis “Ryanair has revolutionized air travels for millions of people by cutting down the prices”...

I wanted to share this report with you guy's.
Some called me a hypocrite before, yes I fly Ryanair and yes I talk them down.
It is hard to stay neutral, especially if some of you pretend this airline is good and great, there has to be a balance.
Personally I think the balance is gone, it is not about if this is a great airline or not. It is not about if the planes are cleaned in between flight's.
It is about your safety, the rights of a Ryanair worker, your right to know what happens with your tax money and transparency if it comes to transactions.
Why do we ignore these thing, because we like to travel cheap and don't care who is paying the price for that ?.
Ryanair can not fill there seats, not even with free tickets.... why ? because they are so good ? They can be, if they start respecting there workers and your rights as a client. Personally I hope we can talk a little bit more in dept when we talk about Ryanair, instead of jokes and being blinded by there cheap fares.

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

You don't have to be an expert to know that with the prices they ask, it is IMPOSSIBLE to operate a flight profitable.

They get their revenues from all kind of tricks (a big piece is government support, they get money from transporting people from their deserted fields to the real cities, pilots have to pay when they want to become a Ryanair pilot etc etc).

I am really getting more and more the impression that the Ryanair soap bell starts to burst...

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Comet

Post by Comet »

That's a very interesting report. Everyone knows that I am no fan of Ryanair, and this backs up some of the ideas I had about the airline. Reading some things in the UK media, they are one of the most-complained-about airlines and have bad customer service. I have not read such bad press about EasyJet however, and there is never anything said about EasyJet on these forums, so i don't know if they are better or not.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Just wanted to add that we have to watch out with the above report: of course it will contain some true points, but don't forget it comes from Ryanair employees.

Can we trust report this for 100%?

Avro

Post by Avro »

Flight control officers report about planes flying to fast, especially during take-down and in uncontrolled airspace, says deputy chairman of British Flight Control Officers Association, Mr. John Levesley to the Consumer Report
The corporate management has an unofficial system in order to get rid of troublesome employees. If you have too much fuel after landing, or do anything else “wrong”, you will get a mark. When you have got too many, they fire you, says Petter Helland

I'm really shocked when I read those parts :!:
It's really a dangerous game Ryanair is playing there. I suppose Every crew will try to land with the minimum of fuel 8O, it can be very dangerous :!: BTW if all crew are under pression, they won't be doing there jobs very well anymore.
Ryanair-pilots sit in their cockpit for up to 11 hours without a break
:wow:

How can it be that nobody tries to prevent Ryanair of doing such unsafe things.
If these statments are true, you can be sure that I will NEVER fly Ryanair.

Regards
Chris

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

11 hours? That would surprise me, I really doubt if that is allowed.

When I see some points, wouldn't this have been already investigated if it was true?

Another thing: they MUST take enough fuel with them for in case they have to go around/divert.

Frederic

JetB

Post by JetB »

Proven or not they seem to quote government angencies.

I know some of you are die hard fans of Ryanair. I am not dening that you can have a nice comfortable flight with Ryanair, but at what price is my question?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Guys,

Check this link and learn from the people who actually work for them!

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread ... did=112337

then try to discuss them again leaving the prejudices behind.

grtz,
Sean

JetB

Post by JetB »

Sean, I know you really care when it comes to your job, and I don't doubt your going to be a great FA.

But don't you see, that is not the point......
It is nothing personal, you can have a nice flight with Ryanair, with nice FA's enjoying there job and making the costumers flight fun.

There is just no denying that something is not right with this company, and like sabena680 said "You don't have to be an expert to know that with the prices they ask, it is IMPOSSIBLE to operate a flight profitable".

Michael O'Leary has charisma but I think with a better CEO, Ryanair could be a great company. The EU is not going after them for nothing !!!

Let's hope Ryanair gets there act together after the EU ruling that way you have a great future working for them. I wish you the best Sean.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I know it is nothing personal and it's not about me becoming an F/A.
I was just pointing out that this what 737 pilots say who actually work there.

It's jusr another opinion. Everybody is always shouting about how bad ryanair mus be, without even considering other options.

grtz

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

If indeed this company is applying cost cutting measures in all areas even safety then I think we should be concerned.

I'm awaiting those EU-rulings !
I think ther'll be some surprises.
Sabena_690 wrote: Another thing: they MUST take enough fuel with them for in case they have to go around/divert.
Yes but they can try to have the less possible amount needed, where other companies will try to always have a little bit more.

If they are so concerned about every drop of wasted fuel because of too heavy planes, it's really getting twisted, crazy :evil:

ciao,
TriStar :evil:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Why would any company cut costs on safety ? If one plane crashes due to a major problem that could be avoided then it's bye bye company. Even ryanair would'nt risk that!

JetB

Post by JetB »

Report by P. Woodman

BUDGET airlines reacted angrily to an accusation that no-frills carriers were jeopardising safety by ignoring orders from air traffic controllers. The allegation came in a report from an air traffic controller received by the British Confidential Human Factors Incident Reporting Programme, known as Chirp.

A spokeswoman for Ryanair said: ‘‘We operate to the highest standards of international safety and like all airlines we are regulated by the aviation authorities.’’

The controller said pilots were approaching airports too fast and sometimes had to abort landings because they were too close to the plane in front.

They were also accused of ignoring longer flight paths set up to cut down on noise disturbance and instead, taking shorter routes over houses.

According to reports, the air traffic controller said pilots were cutting corners because they were working under “extreme pressure on the flight deck to achieve programmed sector times.”

The controller complained of “overly aggressive responses” from pilots, who challenged the order in which jets took off and landed.

“The budget carriers normally select very experienced pilots as they realise that a crash involving a low-cost carrier could spell the end for this type of no-frills operation.”

And there are more reports out there.

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

BobClaes wrote:Report by P. Woodman

“The budget carriers normally select very experienced pilots as they realise that a crash involving a low-cost carrier could spell the end for this type of no-frills operation.”
So they can make them do more difficult "corner cuts" as you said.

Also I think many expierenced pilots have suffered from the bankruptcy of other airlines and have to continue flying because they have a family and children to support so they are ready to accept the low wages and extreme terms of a no-frills carrier.

ciao,
TriStar 8O

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Why would any company cut costs on safety ? If one plane crashes due to a major problem that could be avoided then it's bye bye company. Even ryanair would'nt risk that!
I would not say that it's 'bye bye Ryanair' when one of their aircrafts crashes, but you are very right.

When a Ryanair aircraft would crash, the media would jump on it (and rumours of low cost = bad safety go around quick), and also full service airlines would use this to promote their product.

Frederic

JetB

Post by JetB »

Everyone owes Ryanair a debt of gratitude for crushing the cartel that previously made air travel the prerogative of the privileged few. It couldn't have been done without making economies in the wasteful extravagances of the traditional airlines.

But there is a balance to be struck between cost-cutting and flexibility. If O'Leary spent just 1 per cent of his profits on responding positively to customer complaints, the sky would be the limit for Ryanair.

Last time I flew Ryanair, the muddy cup of coffee served in mid-flight cost me more than my ticket

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

L-1011 wrote:They are ready to accept the low wages and extreme terms of a no-frills carrier.
I read a report saying that Ryanair pilots were among the best paid in the industry.
André
ex Sabena #26567

A318

Post by A318 »

I only have to laugh about this report since it is almost a copy from the report 2 years ago which was made anonymous by a competitor in the LCC business.
Most funny of this story is Petter Helland, he was fired by Ryanair due to ignoring safety regulations :D
The rest of the report counts for all LCC's.
They all have a 25 minute turn around, all pilots stay in the planes with all LCC's and flying 11 hours is nothing serious.
That would be funny on your flight to Singapore or for example MAD-LIM which is 12:20 minutes.
Come on people, if it was really that bad Ryanair planes would be grounded all over europe.
All over the world the LCC's handle exactly the same as Ryanair but since Ryanair is growing to fast (in some peoples eyes) they try everything to get them in a negative spiral.
You should see how easy the aviation authorities ground a plane here in Holland.
2 years ago (after the first fake report) aviation authorities did 40 unexpected checks on Ryanair flights at Eindhoven, they found none ignored safety regulation or whatsoever.
Once again this report is really a big joke ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

JetB

Post by JetB »

Who can you trust, there are always two sites to every story....

But Erwin I never hear you talk about government subsiding. Do you think it is OK that tax payers money is used for your cheap tickets. Do you believe this is fair competition ?.

Do you believe the EU is opening an investigation for fun?.

A318

Post by A318 »

BobClaes wrote:Who can you trust, there are always two sites to every story....

But Erwin I never hear you talk about government subsiding. Do you think it is OK that tax payers money is used for your cheap tickets. Do you believe this is fair competition ?.

Do you believe the EU is opening an investigation for fun?.
We had a topic before about this issue but I will repeat my statement here.
Ofcourse this is not good but you can not blame Ryanair for that, I mean who is accepting it?
Exactly, the Wallonian governement.
If I am going to the Wallonian governement and I say I want to fly on your airport, make it a busy airport and bring you extra tourism but instead I want you to help me financialy to kick this all off, who is to blame then?
Ryanair because they asked it? I don't think so, in my opinion it is the Wallonian governement that should have said, no Mr. Ryanair, we are happy to see you coming to CRL but we will not give you subsidy on your flights.
Thats it, take it of leave it. I can not imagine that Ryanair receives subsidies here in Holland to fly to Eindhoven, Groningen and Maastricht (Maastricht not anymore now).
I also read a while ago an article from CRL that they allow all other LCC to fly to CRL on the same conditions as Ryanair and they were not giving Ryanair a priority treatment in that. So, let the other LCC enter CRL and see what they get.
So yes you are right, a subsidy to an Airline paid by a governement is not the way to do bussines BUT if somebody asks and get it it is the mistake from that governement that allowes it.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal