SAS Cancels 120 Flights

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

TallDutch

SAS Cancels 120 Flights

Post by TallDutch »

SAS has cancelled all flights with DASH-400 aircrafts, the same type of aircraft that has been involved in two dramatic emergency landings.

Eleven planes are now being brought back from various European airports to the SAS base in Stockholm and Copenhagen, where they will be thoroughly examined.
The planes will stay on the ground until the Norwegian Air Traffic and Airport Management gives them a clear signal, but will not be flying anywhere for the next few days.

In order to decrease the number of cancellations SAS have rented aircrafts from other companies, but the cancellations may end up costing them more than 100 million Danish Kroners. “We take one day at the time,” said Lisbeth Reinwaldt in SAS.

http://www.norwaypost.no/cgi-bin/norway ... ?id=101594

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

maybe brussels airlines could lease some pilot-less Avro's ?

156Bru

SAS-Dash problems

Post by 156Bru »

Well, last week of August I tried one of these SAS-Dashes from CPH to Turku. More than 1 hour delay on departure, since they had to do urgent maintainance to one MLG and change a MLG-wheel in the process. Landing at Turku was uneventful, fortunately. Prevention is preferable.

summersso

Post by summersso »

On 31 August 2004 I was flying on an SAS DH400 from Copenhagen to Warsaw (17.25 departure I think) which encountered "technical problems" about twenty minutes after take off!

The captain reported the problem first in Danish and I heard gasps around the cabin as I didn't understand what was going! We had to return to CPH, wait around an hour for another aircraft to become available, then restart our journey to Warsaw.

I actually really like the DH400 - one of my favourite aircraft (nice little cabin, props), so I hope they sort this out and get them in the air again!