Jet Airways rumours

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I agree.
In favor of quality air travel.

Stij

Post by Stij »

K_R wrote:As far as I am always told, only the satelite is a protected monument. I'm not sure, but I think even the bridges can't be broken down. Of course, this makes it ideal for low coast carriers, who don't use bridges anyway. About these bridges, I have walked true one recently. The last part of them, which connects to the planes, really gave me a Star Wars feeling ;)

The old terminalbuilding is not protected. The major problem is that this building is full of asbest and by that reason very expensive to renovate. The BAC will only commence on renovating it if they are certain they will profit of it, so adding a special JA-concourse and a low cost concourse will do the job, I guess.

The old terminalbuilding is, honestly, ugly and dirtiy, it gives me a Eastern Europe feeling.
I thought it was the other way around: the terminal protected, but not the satelite...

Kind regards,

Stij

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

As the world goes flat, it is time to think of the airport of the next generation. Maybe a good subject for a separate thread.I would definitively flatten this old 1958 terminal and replace by a new 'pole'.

capetown

Post by capetown »

Apparently, JET is doing very well - and wants to double its 1 mio pax/year target at BRU... :P Have a look at the link (Dutch only)
http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail. ... 102007_028

dre

Post by dre »

Good for BRU

Will they employ now some belgian pilots or CC?