SN pilots on 07/07/07 ?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Omikros

SN pilots on 07/07/07 ?

Post by Omikros »

Dear pilots and readers,

Saturday, 7/7/7, I'm flying from Brussels to Athens with Brussels Airlines.
The flightnumber is: SN3245

Since I'm a candidate airline pilot, I would like to enter the cockpit during flight. In this way I'm trying to contact the pilots of this flight in hope to arrange a cockpit visit.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Alexander

FYI, when using the airlinecode for Brussels Airlines use SN iso BA (British Airways).
Last edited by Omikros on 04 Jul 2007, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

Why don't you ask the crew onboard? I think that is far more efficient than asking here..?

SilverJET

Re: Piloten BA @ 07/07/07!!

Post by SilverJET »

Omikros wrote:Dear pilots and readers,

Thursday, 7/7/7, I'm flying from Brussels to Athens with Brussels Airlines.
The flightnumber is: SN3245

It's Saturday 7/7/7, not Thursday.
Best Regards Raymond

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

Regulations forbid it now but give it a chance anyway. Good luck !

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

TCAS_climb wrote:Regulations forbid it now but give it a chance anyway. Good luck !
Yes, good luck, Omikros. This would not be the time to ask such a favour, I'm afraid. I suggest you buy a video

JAF 23

Post by JAF 23 »

And even if the pilot of this flight would be a member of this forum, he would be pretty stupid to announce in public that he will accept a non crew member in the cockpit during flight. :?

TUB001

Post by TUB001 »

Alexander,

Just give it a try when boarding the plane. Ask the cabin crew to have a short discussion with the captain, otherwise he/she will already tell you before having had a chance to ask the cockpit crew that it is not allowed!

Regards

snfreak

Post by snfreak »

I don't think that's going to be a problem
They're pretty loose on that sort of thing with SN
Especially when your a pilot or student pilot.
I think I never flew with SN sitting at the back, they allways gave me jumpseat or business...

Omikros

Post by Omikros »

thanks for your comments...

I'll give it a try. Every summer when I fly (previous flights with Virgin Expres) I entered the cockpit before pushback, and I just managed to make a talk and go to my seat. But now that I have the prove that I'll start a pilot trainig, maybe I'm more lucky.

Anyway, thanks again. And yes, it's Saturday, I'm sorry :lol:

Greetings
Alex

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Sorry to be hard on you, but... An error in the calendar AND two spelling errors* in a single phrase... I can only hope you do better at piloting... Aviation is all about precision, remember?

*("prove" ==> "proof" , "trainig" ==> "training")

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

I don't think you will be allowed but give it a try.
A few months ago, a crazy guy tried to force an SN AVRO cockpit-door while inflight. Since then, security measures are higher at SN.
And since 9/11 you need to have a very good reason to get in the cockpit...
Anyone can pretend to be a student pilot while actually being a terrorist!
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Sorry to be hard on you, but... An error in the calendar AND two spelling errors* in a single phrase... I can only hope you do better at piloting... Aviation is all about precision, remember?
*("prove" ==> "proof" , "trainig" ==> "training")
Elementary, Dr Watson....

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

And since 9/11 you need to have a very good reason to get in the cockpit...
Anyone can pretend to be a student pilot while actually being a terrorist!
At 9/11, they were even student pilots. So as a passenger, I would be astonished if you were allowed to enter the cockpit during flight! And I wouldn't feel safe and write a complaint afterwards.

I say: if you have no business being in there during flight, you shouldn't be allowed. After all, the pilots do not know you or your intentions.

Sorry to be harsh, but rules are there to be followed. There are some stupid rules around, but I don't think this is one of them!

Greets,

Pieter

TUB001

Post by TUB001 »

Oh yeah... that sounds brilliant, flybe.

What if the pilot knows the person he allowed on the jumpseat (friend or relative f.i.), would you still file a complaint? :twisted: And how would you know that they know him/her or not?

Stop taking pilots for idiots! Do you think they are dumb enough to accept people they have never seen before or who absolutely have nothing to do with the aviation business! Come on...

bert_want_to_fly

Post by bert_want_to_fly »

fly be ...
A no you have, a yes you can get...
if the captain is ok with it, because he is the boss
I was on the jump seat during take off and landing on a flight with thai airways from Bangkok to Sydney and I didn't know anybody in the company and I wasn't a student pilot, woehoeoeoeoe
I also try with KLM, ITIHAD but no luck there
greetzzz

Omikros

Post by Omikros »

Sorry to be hard on you, but... An error in the calendar AND two spelling errors* in a single phrase... I can only hope you do better at piloting... Aviation is all about precision, remember?
You're not very hard, indeed you have to make such comments.
But I hope you agree with the fact that 'trainig' is a simple misshappening during typing...

Anyway, Nice summer everybody!
And thanks for the many reactions.

Alex

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

I tried with Air France, told them I will start my ATCO training and me and my girlfriend were allowed to enter the cockpit, only for a few minutes though.

You'll never know if you don't ask, so you better do that, it's still up to the captain do decide.

Good luck.
Tot hier en verder

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

Oh yeah... that sounds brilliant, flybe.

What if the pilot knows the person he allowed on the jumpseat (friend or relative f.i.), would you still file a complaint? Twisted Evil
Actually, yes.

A person that has no business there, shouldn't be there, point.
Stop taking pilots for idiots! Do you think they are dumb enough to accept people they have never seen before or who absolutely have nothing to do with the aviation business!
I was on the jump seat during take off and landing on a flight with thai airways from Bangkok to Sydney and I didn't know anybody in the company and I wasn't a student pilot, woehoeoeoeoe
Apparently, yes.

And no, i do not take pilots for idiots. That's why i think that majority would refuse people from entering/being in the cockpit during flight. And those that do allow people, they would amaze me for having such a blatant lack of respect for safety. You would think that someone who is daily responsible for the life of hundreds woulds have more sense of responsibility.

Greets,

Pieter

jaf217

Post by jaf217 »

you talk about safety by taking someone on board in the cockpit, but what does I have to say when you know that they are a minimum of two axe on board and sometime a weapon, you can start now to ask you if the pilot/copilot or other member of the crew take it and begin a fight (ok it maybe too much but it already happen in and airplane between a flight engineer and the cockpit crew with a hammer). So what do you choose a student/person in the cockpit or the other option?

For security ok but what will do a student pilot in the cockpit expect being at your place……

And finally if you are interested in aviation you can never say that you never dream of entering a cockpit for a flight. Isn’t it?

So please stop saying I refuse and let’s decide the captain of the flight/ airline procedure decide for it. :D

TUB001

Post by TUB001 »

Flybe, you're the winner...

...Of the most amazing comments I have seen on any forum...

If taking his own father on the jumpseat is any threat to safety, or irresponsible, then I absolutely cannot do anything, indeed.