EB* Night VFR Airports

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

SFo

EB* Night VFR Airports

Post by SFo »

Hello,

Would one of you have a list of Belgian airports that accept Night VFR and their opening hours? EBCI closes at 0900, EBLG is open all night, so is Zaventem (but the landing fee puts it out of the league). EBAW is also quite expensive.

Thanks. :)

SFo

TWR

Post by TWR »

EBOS, EBKT

But they are also expensive...

SFo

Post by SFo »

TWR wrote:EBOS, EBKT

But they are also expensive...
EBOS is 24€ (if I remember well) for <5.7t during the day. Let's hope it's the same at night. :?

Thanks!

SFo

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Is it me or what? Though night VFR was not allowed in Belgium.

EBKT is normally SR-SS. Open anytime but PPR against some extra fee...

EBOS landing fee is 3.00 EUR/ton 0600 to 2059 and 5.00 EUR/Ton 2100 to 0559.

Cheers.

Fly EBKT and enjoy the new complete airfield lighting, including APP(QFU24), RTIL, R/W guard lights, full Threshold and R/W centerline !

Stella_Caeli

Post by Stella_Caeli »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:Is it me or what? Though night VFR was not allowed in Belgium.
That is changed since some time.

http://www.mobilit.fgov.be/data/aero/FCL11.pdf

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Many thanks Sebastian.

Cheers

SFo

Post by SFo »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:Is it me or what? Though night VFR was not allowed in Belgium.
Hopefully not. :) You can fly NVFR in Belgium, with a flightplan though. With JAR you have to be Night VFR to start with IR (because except for that, probably very few people would do X-Country at night in a 25 years old single engine airplane) so if Night VFR was not allowed we'd have to go abroad . Though, it's very difficult because there are few airports where you can really do it. EBLG is one but with the level of TNT traffic they experience, the controllers don't like having Cessnas buzzing around at night during the week (and I can understand that).

But as you have to make quite a long X-country nav to get the NVFR, you have to find at least two other airports that will accept you.

jaf217

Post by jaf217 »

as far as i remember:
ebos till 22.00 you can land with acceptable fee then from 22.00-till 06.00 expect min 100€ it on there website
ebaw is also open but without more info what i can say it that i din't need to pay something for the lights
ebkt has now rwy lightnings..... but open after SS?
ebbr of course
ebci till 22.00 ryr has all available slots afterwoods :(
eblg all night maybe extra charges ?
ellx no more info

i will say till 22.00 in belgium don't expect extra fee for lightning as it is often open for commercial aicraft. If you fly now in france for example you will pay . ex lfqq for 15min it is round the 30-40€ if i rember but not sure, i may also be possible to pay aerodrome opening for a period of time......