Which planes to replace SN Avro and BAe?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

thofman2

Which planes to replace SN Avro and BAe?

Post by thofman2 »

Hi,

I wonder which would be the best choice for SN when they are going to change its fleet of BAe and Avro ?

For me, I think that the Embraer family would be a good choice ...

PS Sorry If this topic already exists but I looked for but I didn't find

CEO CTR

Re: Which planes to replace SN Avro and BAe?

Post by CEO CTR »

thofman2 wrote:Hi,

I wonder which would be the best choice for SN when they are going to change its fleet of BAe and Avro ?

For me, I think that the Embraer family would be a good choice ...

PS Sorry If this topic already exists but I looked for but I didn't find
Yeah I think The Embraer Family would be a good decision although the Dornier aircraft would be a good match? It's up to them :)

fly

Post by fly »

Dornier?????

Went out of business years ago

For the moment anything is open for fleet replacement but they will probably keep the BAe and Avro's for a couple of years more due to lack of funds.

summersso

Re: Which planes to replace SN Avro and BAe?

Post by summersso »

thofman2 wrote:For me, I think that the Embraer family would be a good choice ...
I agree. Simply love Embraers - flown LOT's 170's a few times, always impressed - roomy, spacious, good legroom and large windows.

I would love to see Brussels Airlines adopt (on their European routes) a strategy and fleet like Flybe's (Q400, e-Jets) - low cost (+bflex), regular, reliable and modern European airline.

HAWK21M

Post by HAWK21M »

Get those E170/175.
regds
MEL
Think of the Brighter Side!!!

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

I think the flying chickens will remain the fleet backbone for the coming decade or so, they are cheap to lease ;)

thofman2

Post by thofman2 »

Yes it would be a nice decision as well as they will be able to have a homogeneous fleet with bigger versions (190/195 ...)

Exorito

Post by Exorito »

They will replace the fleet Avro and B737 in 2011. At this moment they don't know wich type of A/C.

thofman2

Post by thofman2 »

If case of the replacement of Avro and B737 ... I think that they are going to choose Airbus because with the long haul fleet adding to the 3 A319, it would be less expensive to fly with a homogeneous fleet

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

thofman2 wrote:If case of the replacement of Avro and B737 ... I think that they are going to choose Airbus because with the long haul fleet adding to the 3 A319, it would be less expensive to fly with a homogeneous fleet
I hope they will keep the 5 Boeing 737-300 with winglets ! :)

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

Probably new ones will be for around 2011 and the name sukhoi popped up several times already. So those ones are also in the running.
http://www.sukhoi.org/eng/planes/projects/rrj/
Bombardier also has ben mentioned with the C-series.
So we will see. The one giving the best offer will win.

Malaysia

Post by Malaysia »

A 738 or a F100

thofman2

Post by thofman2 »

F100 ? I believe that Fokker was declared in bankruptcy in 1996 ?
Is Fokker reappearing like the Phoenix ?

Nevertheless the F100 is very comfortable and quiet and it would be a good idea but I think that its capacity is not what SN would be looking for in the future. I think that 120 to 150 seats is maybe more realistic to replace the 737.
Then my favorite choice is the Embraer or Airbus families because SN will find planes in total adequation with its network.

dre

Post by dre »

Why not two different types like a regional TP for destinations like SXB, FRA, AMS, STN, MAN

and embrear like for further?

That is how AF, KLM, LH, SAS, IB do it and seems to be more economical...

thofman2

Post by thofman2 »

It's more expensive to support a heterogeneous fleet than a homogenous one. For AF, KLM, LH, SAS, IB the company size is bigger and they can manage many different planes because the technical teams are bigger than SN.
Following the example of Southwest, to fly with the same airplane is decreasing the maintenance cost.
The heterogenous fleets of AF, KLM, LH, SAS, IB are historical, merges, market offers , ...
I don't think they would select today the same fleet and if we look at AF fleet evolution that' clearly obvious. The heart is based on the Airbus Family and we find Boeing (747 and 777) only for the long haul. In that case it is indeed to adapt the airplanes size to the market demand. For the rest, the very short haul are supported by subsidiaries

A390

Post by A390 »

As BruAir is mainly a regional carrier , the choice will be focussed on types such as the Embraers, but also the possibility of the Canadair C-Series still exists. Part of the routes would certainly be better off with turboprops because of their superior fuel economy (and carbon emissions). Being a launch customer for the Sukoi Superjet would be very nice, but a financial and operational risk (timings, relability, pax acceptance...)

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Yes the Sukhoi ...
Still a paper plane but I am eager to see the maiden flight... officially scheduled later this year if I am right ?

The launch price seems attractive (around the 20 millions euro I read).
Maybe a leasing period would be welcome before considering a firm purchase commitment ? I don't know ...

Although the avro fleet replacement is not planned before 2011 or so, the decisions have to be taken much sooner.

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Well, I know I'm going to be hated for saying this, but what about the CR7 CR9 and CR10?

They would be much cheaper (and more fuel efficient) than the Embraer family. However, the EMB-195 could replace the 733 (and the -170 for the Avros), so this will probably be the choice.
Onward and Upward...

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

nwa757 wrote:Well, I know I'm going to be hated for saying this, but what about the CR7 CR9 and CR10?

They would be much cheaper (and more fuel efficient) than the Embraer family. However, the EMB-195 could replace the 733 (and the -170 for the Avros), so this will probably be the choice.
CR9 and CR10 more efficient then the E-Jets? :shock: Heck, if that's true, then why are Embraers order books so full?
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.