No Sunday morning flight to CPH (from BRU)?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

AFApresident

No Sunday morning flight to CPH (from BRU)?

Post by AFApresident »

Hey,

I was checking flysn.com to plan for my trip to Copenhagen next month. I need to be in downtown CPH at 1700 on Sunday Feb 18, however the first SN flight only lands at 1845 and the second flight of that day at 2155.

In September there was still a morning flight on Sunday, it was full at that time, why did they cancel it?

It looks like I only have 1 flight to choose from even with SAS (SK594 arriving at 1255)

PS: the return flight CPH - BRU has weird timings as well; the first flight leaves CPH at 1625 (or 35min prior to the first flight coming in from BRU). Since Saturday only seems to have 1 flight BRU - CPH - BRU. Where do they get the plane from to run flight SN2262?).

Thanks!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Your initial title "No morning flight to CPH (from BRU)?" was misleading. I added the word Sunday to make it "No Sunday morning flight to CPH (from BRU)?".

It is quite usual that Sunday morning (and Saturday afternoon) schedules are almost non-existent on business routes.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hello AFApresident,

As there is practically no demand for a Sunday flight around noon, SN operates an evening schedule to/from CPH (perfect for both tourists and business people).

The first flight, SN2263, arrives at 18:45 in CPH. If this flight would be possible for you after all, I wouldn't wait too long to book as both the early and late evening flight to CPH are filling up very fast.

If possible, there is still the SN2257 on Saturday morning, arriving CPH at 11:25.

If you take the SAS flight on Sunday, please do know that both SN and SK offer a one-way price structure between both cities, which means that you can at least return on SN metal ;)

And last but not least: starting with the summer schedule (25/3), SN will operate an earlier flight into CPH: SN2261 will leave BRU at 13:25, to arrive in CPH at 15:05.

Kind regards,
SN690
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

Sabena_690 wrote:Hello AFApresident,
The first flight, SN2263, arrives at 18:45 in CPH. If this flight would be possible for you after all, I wouldn't wait too long to book as both the early and late evening flight to CPH are filling up very fast.
That is exactly why I find it weird, that they cancelled the morning flight.

On a Sunday in September I was on SN2261 (i think that was the code) to CPH, departure was at I believe 945, and the flight was full. I was on the return flight SN2262 which then left at 1215 and that one was at least 70% full as well.

I have to be in CPH at 1700 and I rather be there around afternoon, so that I can still spend a couple of hours in downtown CPH. Maybe I will just leave on Saturday already.