Fly in Europe on non-european airlines

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

nic_biso

Fly in Europe on non-european airlines

Post by nic_biso »

I noticed you can actually buy tickets between MAD and FRA on LAN Chile at a very affordable price. The flight is on A340 and costs about 85 euros round trip (the cheapest fare I found).
Do you know any other non-european airline which makes stopovers in Europe cities on its route? Any routes served like the one I mentioned?

fostro

Post by fostro »

Hi nic_biso,

I'm afraid this is an example of a codeshare flight, probably with Iberia.

E.g. American Airlines has also several codeshare flights intra-Europe with SN where these flights have an AA flightnumber.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

fostro wrote:Hi nic_biso,

I'm afraid this is an example of a codeshare flight, probably with Iberia.
Nope the flight is operated be LAN and not by Iberia

CC-CQC Airbus A340
LA0704 SCL-MAD-FRA Lan Chile
04/01/2007 11:24

In the past you had also Varig GIG-CDG-AMS
with an MD11.
Last edited by airbuske on 04 Jan 2007, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,

Airbuske

nic_biso

Post by nic_biso »

fostro wrote: I'm afraid this is an example of a codeshare flight, probably with Iberia.
I checked on their site. I also saw a picture taken onboard A340-313X MAD-FRA, on airliners.net.
If it was a codeshare flight by Iberia it would have been operated on A320, not A340.

So, do you know any other bookable flights like this one?
I remember Varig used to fly from GRU to CPH via LHR. But I don't know if you could actually book separately CPH-LHR.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

I can confirm you can book LAN between FRA and MAD, as two of my German correspondent-spotters flew LAN to go spotting at MAD. In the past it was also possible to book on Air Namibia between FRA and LGW (opb 747), but now it isn't anymore.

I know about a SQ flight between MXP and BCN, and the ET flight between CDG and BRU, but as far as I know both aren't bookable.

Regards, Robin Bamps.