Ryanair caught napping: documentary by BBC

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

unilitha

Ryanair caught napping: documentary by BBC

Post by unilitha »

Hello everybody, I heard there has been a documentary made by some members of BBC who were engaged at Ryanair for about 6 months. 2 or 3 stewardesses filmed everything during that time and it seems to be very freighting , can someone tell me where I could find this TV show ? Thank you

TWA

Post by TWA »

ask Telefacts VTM to send you a copy.

TWA

Post by TWA »

Here is the link :

http://www.vtm.be/telefacts/aanvraagform.htm

and the title of the documentary is "LUCHTALARM" :

http://www.vtm.be/telefacts/details.htm?id=30325

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

oh we saw that one in class last year!

FedEx

Post by FedEx »

Ive just watched this and i'm shocked. if ryanair behave like this, is it the same with all the low cost airlines?

Zarko Zivotic

Post by Zarko Zivotic »

What a disaster!
I've actually concidered flying Ryanair if they ever come to BEG but after this I am having serious dbouts.
Does it really pay of to be at such risk? I don't think so. Yet again, this documentary may not be true although it seems very real and I actually think that it is true since it is really unreasnoble to ask the crew to prepare the aircraft for it's next flight in 25 minutes!
Apsolute disaster...

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Every accusation made by this program has been prven wrong by FR in repeted lettres, published on their site at the time. Even the CAA has said the program is basicly rubbish. Good old English sensationalism, nothing more...
The ads announcing the show at the time were even fake, so that says enough.

Not that everything at FR is good, but if you film 6 months at BA, you'll uncover the same small problems.

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Buzz wrote:
Not that everything at FR is good, but if you film 6 months at BA, you'll uncover the same small problems.
True but not to the same extent I reckon:

- All BA flight attendant speak perfect english.
- Don't think U'd c puke not being cleaned up.

Since BA puts more money into training and actually pays for the training I believe, the selection procedure must be a lot more rigorous no?

JetB

Post by JetB »

dre

Post by dre »

hello all,

Althought i am not a fan of ryanair, i think they are as safe as any other airline. RYR has take it or leave it policy. If you re not happy pay several times as much and fly another airline.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

JetB wrote:Take a look at this :wink: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo3iyhDNqM
Awesome
Aum Sweet Aum.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Vinnie-Winnie wrote:- All BA flight attendant speak perfect english.
English is not the national language of any country of mainland Europ - it's the first language of only two excentred islands : Britain and Ireland (or is it Gaelic ?).
For a typical flight between European countries, say, between France and Italy, the Ryanair crew, being based either in France or in Italy, will probably speak both French and Italian, which is much more useful in this case than speaking "perfect English".

Captain

Post by Captain »

Quite an interesting documentary and at a times shocking. But like all the investigative documentaries they only show you what they want you to see. The 2 air hostesses in disguise were on the job for 5 months so in most jobs and airlines you will find lapses in customer service, safety, security, etc...

Every month some investigative journalist always manages to sneak a knife, gun, false explosive past security in a European airport!

I do agree that Ryanair are dirt cheap but that's what you pay for your average 90 min flight. If you want better customer service and safety records then you can start with the likes of Easyjet, BA and go right up to hiring a private jet where you can personaly inspect what and who goes on the plane.

Captain

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Captain wrote: If you want better customer service and safety records then you can start with the likes of Easyjet, BA and go right up to hiring a private jet where you can personaly inspect what and who goes on the plane.
Be very carefull with what you say about safety.
FR has had an great safety record for 20 years! They'll save on anything, but not on safety.

JetB

Post by JetB »

Maybe it is true that they dont save on safety, but they push people to the limit.

And the weakest link are the people !.

David747

Post by David747 »

:wow: