New SN tail

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Old Nickname - VG

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

maybe they sell more tomatos now

a white aircraft is nicer then this one in my eyes

greetz,
didier

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Ozzie1969 wrote:Childish and ugly.
Lot's of the reactions I read are childish and ugly as well. I'm just happy for the winner and think of this as a great initiative.
JetB wrote:So best case senario : for about 3 weeks this tail is up to date, after that ( a much longer periode with a minimum 5 weeks ) it is directing people to a competition that has closed !.
Has it ever occured to you that the tail points to www.flysn.com and not to a specific website designed for the competition?

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi JetB,
JetB wrote:In a few weeks the 3 tails will be flying for some time, and this tail is going to point people to a site with a competition that has ended !. SN people are NOT going to remove the sticker
Ever considered that there might perhaps be two stickers on the tail? One that you can remove (the one with the text), and one which will stay for at least 8 weeks (as written in the contest rules)?

A general remark: this is NOT the first winning design. This is the teaser which was created by SN to draw the attention of everybody who sees the aircraft. I'll try to post the schedule of the aircraft sporting the sticker of the first winner. SN has never communicated that the only stickered aircraft flying around would be with stickers made by participants of the contest.

Regards
Frederic

AlexanderM

Post by AlexanderM »

Sabena_690 wrote:Hi JetB,
JetB wrote:In a few weeks the 3 tails will be flying for some time, and this tail is going to point people to a site with a competition that has ended !. SN people are NOT going to remove the sticker
Ever considered that there might perhaps be two stickers on the tail? One that you can remove (the one with the text), and one which will stay for at least 8 weeks (as written in the contest rules)?
Why bother about the sticker being removed or not, this is not that important! If you want to know, you'll see in three weeks...

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

teddybAIR wrote:Lot's of the reactions I read are childish and ugly as well. I'm just happy for the winner and think of this as a great initiative.
A pitty that you don't accept opinions of other people then yourself...

Ok, its a "great" initiative, and off course I think we are all happy for the little? girl... but I just don't like the design...that's all. Is that so ugly?

Many thanks to Frederic for thinking about the spotters and posting the schedules, much appreciated.

babolat-blast

Post by babolat-blast »

Sabena_690 wrote:Hi JetB,

A general remark: this is NOT the first winning design. This is the teaser which was created by SN to draw the attention of everybody who sees the aircraft. I'll try to post the schedule of the aircraft sporting the sticker of the first winner. SN has never communicated that the only stickered aircraft flying around would be with stickers made by participants of the contest.

Regards
Frederic

If this is not the first winning design, why does it mention the designer of the tail???

b-west

Post by b-west »

So what if the competition has ended, the people will visit the SN site... extra attention, goal achieved.

And concerning this first tail: I'm not stunned by the design, but it's fun and "summerish"...

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Tommypilot wrote:
teddybAIR wrote:Lot's of the reactions I read are childish and ugly as well. I'm just happy for the winner and think of this as a great initiative.
A pitty that you don't accept opinions of other people then yourself...
Well Mister,

I can say in all honesty I can accept your opinion...I just don't have to agree with them, right?

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Please calm down guys. An back on topic now.

BAF93

Post by BAF93 »

Why allways strict paint designs? What not something new and modern.
Is the S-tail so much better then this? We can have a laugh wen we see this pass by thats cool you know.

Don't take live to serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway

Regards Jorik

Comet

Post by Comet »

Avro wrote:
Comet wrote:Cheap and tacky looking - in short bloody hideous.
:mrgreen: I knew this reaction would be coming :mrgreen:
I hope we're not on something like this in a few weeks.
What's the difference when you fly on OO-DWJ or on another AR1 of SN ?? The inside is the same as far as I know......
I know the inside is the same, but I like to photograph and video the aircraft at the airport, I was hoping for an S-tail as these will be our last flights with SNBA before this merger thing with VEX.

It would be nice to have our last flights in the aircraft with the old Sabena logo before we lose that forever.

Some aircraft can look nice with special colours - bmibaby's Visit Wales is one example, and some of the ornate art work on the Asian carriers looks effective - but this on SN does not.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Stepha380

Post by Stepha380 »

The second:

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Stepha380 wrote:The second:
Fun, but IMO not suitable for a full service airline.
It's funny but seems not serious enough.... Staff sunbathing on the tail ? :)
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 07 Aug 2006, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

I saw it at the airport this afternoon and it looks great IMHO.

Chris

FedEx

Post by FedEx »

Both are great for a charter airline, don't really think either of them are suitable for a national airline.

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

The new one is better, but still not suitible.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

fokker_f27 wrote:The new one is better, but still not suitible.
It is actually the first "winning" design.

Three more designs to come on two different aircraft (one aircraft will sport two different designs).

As you see, no "Your design here"-titles on this one, only the URL to the website (as it is no longer possible to participate to the contest as from today, 07/08/2006).

Regards
Frederic

Avro

Post by Avro »

Sabena_690 wrote: Three more designs to come on two different aircraft (one aircraft will sport two different designs).
Make it two ;)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

You are right Chris, my mistake :oops:

Correction: one more stickered plane to come!

Regards
Frederic

JetB

Post by JetB »

Tail N° 1 :pukey:
Tail N° 2 :pukey: :pukey:

So SN pays an advertising agency to help select the winning design !! :cry: boy oh boy.......